Chapter 12 - I'm still worth it

"After months of everyone I love leaving me, except Shei, it felt good to know that someone here cares for me. That I’m still worth caring for not just because we're childhood friends ." Lenox Tillman, The Alpha's Luna.

*Lenox Tillman*

My life can now go back to normal. The way it used to be two months ago. Though it wasn’t peaceful and not so good, I was contented with it as long as I’m with my family.

I was on my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Justin knowing that he’s tired due to his constant adventure with his father this past few days and he still had the time to hang-out with his friends including me. I made pancakes, bacons and eggs, when I remembered my homie who always stands as my alarm clock during my stays here to cook breakfast for him since he said he liked eating breakfast with me. And that, people, was the time I learned to cook simple foods. At first though, the kitchen was a mess but then after multiple times of him cheering me up that I could do it for both of our sakes, I learned.

I couldn’t complain, though, because I like talking to him. He's easy to talk to. Like when we're together, I can be myself. Not that I can't be around Oberona or Titania or Ryan, it just felt different in a good way to be with him. I made breakfast for him and the others, too. Seconds after I was done, Chaz came in rubbing sleepiness off his eyes with closed fists. We’ve grown comfortable to each other. He’s like my best guy friend now.

“Good morning, Chaz.” I greeted happily, putting the food onto some plates.

“I told you to call me your Homie.” He whined sitting down opposite me anyway. “You’re up early.”

“You’re up late.” I pointed out.

“Eh." he said dismissively. "What’s for breakfast?” Eyeing the foods, he picked a bacon with his bare hand and popped it in his mouth.

Ryan, Oberona and Titania then came barging through the kitchen with all identical sleepy expressions that they looked comical.

“I’m hungry.” Titania yawned.

“Come on. Eat what I made for all of you. Where’s Justin?” I asked as I pass them their plates.

“Erm. He’s occupied… busy. Uh, he’ll come down, soon. Don’t worry about him.” Oberona said sitting beside me. I accidentally looked at Chaz and his mood turned sour.

“What’s the occasion?” Ryan asked trying to break my stare off Chaz.

“Sorry?”

“What’s the occasion for us to owe you breakfast?” He laughed bowing his head in mock respect.

“Oh. Nothing. I just thought I’d cherish my last day here. And I make Chaz' breakfast when I'm here anyway.”

“Don’t worry. We’ll stay in touch.” Oberona reassured.

“Really?”

“Yeah. I mean we’ve become friends and you enjoyed our company as much as we do.” she smiled blowing me a kiss.

After breakfast, they began to fade until I was alone again in the kitchen.