Chapter 6 - Fate and Mate

"Fate is playful, once entered the game, there is no more leaving. You must play along, not play against because no one wins against fate." Imprint (book), The Alpha's Luna.

*Justin Bieber*

"Hey, Justin! How are you?" Scooter greeted me  happily opening his door for me to enter. "It's been what? A year?"

"Yeah." I'm not supposed to be here but then, the ball was postponed. Jeremy called saying there was a conflict with his schedule so he had to do it. Like I care anyway.

Scooter is my best bud during our training, and when he's session was finished, he had nothing to do, so he went home, leaving me, Chaz and Ryan there.

We talked first, catching up with each other but I couldn't take it anymore, so I asked, "Scooter, how does it feel when you finally met your mate?" Silence fell then he breathe, as if going to shout or something.

"Just the fucking time!" He exclaimed with the combination of slamming his fist onto his palm. "Y'know? I've been waiting for years of that question from you! Like, I thought you won't really-"

"Stop. You're babbling." I laughed.

"Yes. Right. Anyways, feelings vary when someone already found their mate. Some will be way too happy, some will be inlove already. Some stays the same because they don't know that they already found their mate."

"Wait, what?"

"There are some who don't believe in destiny. Something won't feel right when you don't believe... in some terms, right?" I nod. Although I don't know what is he talking about. "Like the fact that when you don't believe in mates, albeit you've already found yours, nothing would change for the both of you. You don't even know, you've talked already, touched and even knew her but you have no idea it was her, already. Because you don't believe."

"I don't understand." I said.

"Follow me." He stood up and let me follow him to his office. When we entered, books greeted us. Brown, black, dark red, dark blue and more dark colors of books.

That's why I knew Scooter is the right person to ask. Not my friends who are idiots. Not me grandparents. And so not Jeremy. He has so many references and he's easy to talk to.

"You should read this one first to avoid  confusions." He said, handing out a dark red book covered in plastic.

Imprint is the title of the book and I know that I've heard it already before. I just can't remember where and when.

I opened the book which was followed by a smell of oldness. The one we always smell whenever we try to look for something and just came up with dusts and spider webs. Yeah. That smell of oldness.

    Imprint is the process of causing someone such as male werewolf to be remembered by his mate. Imprinting is important to every werewolf and a must process to every werewolf couple. It is also the process of making the bonds between mates to be stronger or to be acknowledged.

     But imprinting may not be done several times. Signs can be felt and seen if ever you have found your mate.

     Non-believers tend to have a hard time doing this. And in most cases, imprinting will not be successful unless they start to believe.

Seems that while I was reading, Scooter got out because I was alone now.

     Symptoms and signs vary from werewolves...

After reading them, I came across with a paragraph with bolder and bigger letters.

     Fate is playful, once entered the game, there is no more leaving. You must play along, not play against because no one wins against fate.