Chapter 11 - Water

"You know, sometimes your traditions are creeping me out. Like this one." Lenox Tillman, The Alpha's Luna.

*Lenox Tillman*

Hands were under my back and behind my knees then I felt I was being lifted. I could hear worried shouts. But one voice stood out the most.

"Lenox, are you okay?" Justin asked.

"Lenox? Hey?"

"Here's the water, señorito."

"Drink this." The thought of water made me thirsty so much. I wanted to drink it but I can't move. Lifting a finger was hard enough.

"Do you need me to take her to one of the guests room, señorito?"

"No, Maria. I think she needs fresh air." He said and there were footsteps growing distant with each time.

Someting cold hit my lips but I couldn't open my mouth.

"Open your lips, dammit." When I didn't budge he groaned. Everything felt so distant like I was watching myself from a third person's eye view.

"God. You'll probably hate me after this but, you're giving me no more choice." There was a silence then the noise of someone spitting water broke it. Then it became silent again.

Someone was lifting me in a sitting position until soft lips met mine. Soft and familiar feeling of lips. He pressed my cheeks with his free hand leaving my mouth open and then water began pouring into my mouth. The water was cold and I gulped it down like a mad fish refreshing my body little by little and I wanted some more. He repeated the process twice and waited.

I don't know how many minutes it took me to comeback to my senses but I managed to do so anyway.

"Are you okay?" He asked first thing when I opened my eyes.

Blurry.

A bit disorienting.

Confusing.

Those were the things I felt when I looked around us.

"Yes." I croaked out when I met his eyes, with a hoarse voice.

We're still outside but far from the crowd. I was sitting sideways on his lap and he was sitting on a bench planted around the perimeter of the garden. The garden was vast with multiple collections of flowers I don't know the names of. But they were all beautiful to say the least. With vibrant colors trying to surprass one another.

"Thank you. So much." I said.

"I wanted to get out of them myself. It's crowded like being stuck in an elevator." He replied looking far away.

"Claustrophobia."

"I am. Claustrophobic, you know." He looked down at me with shining eyes. "Don't tell anyone. It should be between the two of us... only." He attached his finger to my lips sending chaos down deep to my stomach.

"Okay. Sure, sure." I promised not able to stop giggling. I tried to sit properly but since I was on his lap, I ended up being able to move just a little. "Can I sit? On the bench?"

"Oh. Yes. Right."

Swiftly he sat me beside him.

"You know why did that happen?" I asked him praying he'll laugh at my first joke.

"Why?" He curiously asked. If he noticed my smile, he didn't show it.

"Because you removed your hand from my armpit." I said gesturing at my armpit and his hand making him laugh lowly and like Titania's squeal, it was unfamiliar but pleasant to hear.