Boys of summer

I'm just going to slap a trigger warning on here real quick bc there's a few LGBT slurs in this one so just to be safe xoxo

"You know that art kid...the senior one, black hair, eyeliner, draws the cool gorey bloody type drawings?" Pete rambled swinging his rucksack across one shoulder and heading out the school doors.

"Oh...um Gerard...I think?" Andy guessed.

"Yeah that's the one. You seen his brother?"

"Is he the really lanky one with the glasses? He doesn't say much." Joe added

"Yeah that's him. He's cute. He sits in front of me in English and he smiles at me in the hallways sometimes. I think he plays bass too." Pete went on.

"Jesus Christ not again. Pete's got yet another big gay crush!" Patrick laughed "Weren't you only chasing after that Saporta kid on the football team last week?"

"Yeah well he's got a girlfriend."

"My brother's friends with Mikey's brother...Gerard or whoever, he showed him round a few months ago, anyway, I was gonna invite you guys to the pool on Sunday. If he's bringing Gerard then I could see if Mikey wants to come?" Joe suggested

"Fuck yeah!" Pete's face lit up.

Andy and Patrick exchanged a look of 'Oh god here we go again' before the four of them went their separate ways.

--
Andy was sat already sat by the pool, legs in the water and reading a book when Patrick and Pete arrived.

"Dude watch!" Pete chuckled elbowing Patrick and creeping up behind Andy.

"Don't even think about it, Wentz." Andy grabbed Pete's arm and pulled him straight into the water without even looking up.

Joe and Patrick roared with laughter and Pete spluttered for breath, outraged in the pool.

He hauled himself out and shook his head like a wet dog flinging water in every direction. He proceeded to remove his soaked shirt and drop it onto Andy's book who threw it at Joe's head with nothing more than a disgruntled noise.

"Gerard!!" The four of them turned to see Joe's brother waving at an older boy with overgrown black hair and far too much eyeliner for somebody going swimming.

Behind him, slouching a little, hands in pockets, walked a boy about their age. He was lanky as Joe had said, with glasses barely hanging onto the end of his nose. He wore a black tshirt with a band name scrawled across the chest and black jeans that looked far too hot for any summer day.

"I told some of the others they're more than welcome to join us. Hope that's okay. Oh and your brother said I should bring Mikey?" Gerard sat down next to Joe's brother.

Joe gestured for Mikey to come and join them.

Pete stood up instantly attempting to fix his dripping hair.

"Hey" Mikey said just a little awkwardly.

"Hi!!" Patrick smiled. "I'm Patrick. That's Joe, Andy and Pete." He pointed to each of them in turn.

"Yeah that's Pete. He thinks you're cute." Andy added again without looking up.

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP!!" Pete's cheeks turned scarlet as he glared at his laughing friends.

Mikey hid behind his bangs a little looking flustered. "I...I um thanks." He stuttered

It then occurred to Pete that he'd never had an actual conversation with this kid before, just admired from afar.
His voice was a lot higher than he'd imagined it to be and he was struck by his defined facial structure and and long eyelashes. He was rather beautiful in Pete's opinion.
It also then occurred to him that he was staring rather intensely and flicked his gaze away quickly.