C H A P T E R * O N E

The fight had been lost, he stared out at the chaos, unable to move. He felt his fingers dig into the blood soaked dirt underneath him as he pushed himself onto his knees. He was weak and losing blood quickly. He was only fifteen, even with his alpha blood, he knew he was still too young to do anything about the attack on his pack. He searched for an escape, making sure to hide in the shadows. His face was wet, he didn't know if it was tears or blood but it didn't matter anymore. He ran to the closest pack he could find and was met by guards. "I'm Cyrus Hartland the son of Alpha Maximilian Hartland." he was shaking.
The guards gave warning to the other members of the pack, they took him to the alpha; Alpha Alessio Paxon. "Silver-moon pack has been attacked..." the young boy cried as he saw the alpha, he tried to be strong but he fell to his knees. "My parents have been killed."

* Five Years later *

I rested my hands on my thighs, hunched over as I tried to catch my breath. My lungs burning as my hands grazed the cool plastic of my water bottle. I searched through my duffel-bag and tugged on a long t shirt, the light blue fabric instantly clinging to my skin. I took sips from my bottle, pulling the duffel bag over my shoulder as I headed back towards the training field. The sun just beginning to show through the trees, a sight anyone could appreciate. I let my dark brown hair lose from the tight knot I had put it in and enjoyed the feeling of the cool soil underneath my bare feet as I finally reached the training field, I made my way to the cabin like building and went inside, it was empty. I took time to admire the way the light streamed in through the glass of the high windows. I finally reached a door with a cursive 'W',signaling that it lead to the women's showers. As I let the door close behind me I grabbed a fluffy forest green towel and went to an empty shower,I tugged the black plastic door shut, though it was only about 3 feet in length, it gave enough privacy, nudity had never been much of a problem for shifters but privacy was still nice.

I hummed along with the music coming from my phone as I began to shampoo my hair, after a few minutes I finally got out of the shower and dried myself off,pulling on a clean men's t shirt,I arrived at the central pack-house, Alphas and Betas stayed in the main one.

As I stepped inside I was greeted by the smell of food,I quickly headed upstairs to change.

On my way back down I passed by my dads office as the door opened, "Good morning cupcake." he greeted as he saw me.

"Morning dad, isnt it a little too early to already be doing pack work?" I frowned, reminding him about what his doctor had said to him.

"Come on, kiddo let's have some pancakes, you have school in a half hour." he ruffled my hair,ignoring my comment as he walked past me and down the stairs. I groaned as I reached the dining room, shielding my eyes with my hands as he kissed my mother, "Will you look at that Alessio, she's disgusted by us." My mother laughed. I grabbed a plate quickly shoveling food into my mouth. "Artemis,that is not how the future Luna eats." my mother frowned in disapproval. "What can I say, I was raised by wolves." I smirked as I placed my plate in the sink.