C H A P T E R*S I X T E E N

*Cyrus's POV*

*Flashback*

After Luna Galilea had entered the office, I returned to where I had been standing before, I listened in on the conversation... No way would my mate end up with a hybrid. "Keep her safe Cyrus..." I heard Alessio's voice. He'd agree to watch over my pack while I watched over Artemis. "I'll die before letting harm come to her..."

*end of flashback*

I stood in front of the ballroom doors, adjusting my jacket and watch before stepping inside.

The room was dark and heavy with positive energy, all around people danced and mingled,I needed to find Artemis. As I began my sweep of the room, I felt a small hand rest on my shoulder, I looked down and saw it was Eva. "What are you doing here?" she asked, quite loudly over the music. "Artemis is in danger." I yelled back, we must have looked ridiculous. "She had gone to the restroom a while ago and didn't return! I'll go look for her, you find Brendon!" she pushed through the crowd and I saw her exit another set of doors at the far side of the massive ballroom. I looked for Brendon,who was most likely wearing a shiny suit.

*Artemis's pov*

I felt both nervous and scared at the thought of possibly seeing Asher, "We have to find Eva and Brendon.." I whispered. "Okay okay.. I'll look for them, you stay here..." he said looking at me as if I were a little girl. I nodded, he walked back down the hall from where I had come from. I waited until I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore and followed behind him. No way was I staying behind, what is with men and always acting like they're protecting your honor or some shit by leaving you behind, it's really kind of ridiculous if you thin- my ranting was interrupted as I saw Dolan and Eva. "Oh good, you found her...where's Brendon though?" I asked, as I finally reached them. But they were silent as they stared at each other unmoving. "You are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined..." he whispered. I looked at Eva wide eyed. "and you're not blonde." she smiled, Dolan looked at her confused but smiled. No way...

"Um you guys... I hate to break this up but we need to find Brendon and get out of here." I said, but Eva and Dolan were too busy depriving each other of oxygen. I mean who could blame them, when me and Aryan- never mind, back to the topic at hand. I needed to go find Brendon myself, I continued to walk down the hallway until I made it to the doors, I pulled the right door open and peaked inside, my view was obstructed by a man who stood infront of the door. I patted his shoulder slightly, he moved out of the way and I stepped inside. I gave him a small nod and made my way further into the room. "Alright ladies, if you are here alone.. Line up towards the middle of the room!" Jacques announced over the music, which had turned into a more formal melody,the lights where still dim but came from the chandeliers instead of neon lights. "Come on Artemis... Let's get in line." Anna said dragging me over to where the women stood, goddess knows where she came from. "No no Anna I-" my protests were cut off by Jacques. "Now, gentlemen pair up with a lady... And create two circles,women in the middle, men outside." men lined up before each girl,including Amadore. I stood next to Anna, a man about my age with blonde hair stood across from me. He held his hand out as the music became louder, I placed my hand in his and curtsied. We moved our hands upwards as we got closer, down as we got farther, closer again then were spun twice and the men's circle shifted to the right. This continued until we were half through the circle, I know stood with Amadore. "Whom ever you stand with will be your partner for the dance!" Jacques' warm voice was heard again. The circle broken, Amadore held his hand out, I took it and curtsied. I placed a hand on his shoulder, my right in his hand, his right hand on my waist...just like you would for a waltz. "My father has told me much about your family." he whispered as we began to move across the dance floor. "Good things I would hope?" I looked up at him, he smiled. "Of course...your father is one of the most loyal men he's ever met though he didn't mention he had such a beautiful daughter...or that you have a mate..." he whispered, motioning behind me with his eyes, we shifted places, and I saw Cyrus, his eyes murderous, he stood with Eva and Dolan. "I didn't know he'd be here..." I said, more to myself than him. "Well, if I didn't know any better I'd remind you I'm an alpha and could challenge him for your heart... But that would be very ridiculous on my behalf." He laughed, even that managed to sound formal.