Chapter Six (Edited)

"For real Sadie, what are y'all putting in the water around here? These guys are hot to deaf." I asked, fanning my face for emphasis.

Sadie giggled. "Those are the princes of the neighboring country, and they come over regularly to check on your grandmother. They were your father's god sons."

"They look like regular underwear models to me. Are they gay?" I asked. The grooming was impeccable. Most men I knew didn't care about their clothes being so crisp.

This time Sadie blushed and giggled, "I have it on good authority that they are not. Prince Cornell is known for his adventures with women. They say he is a great lover."

Figures, but that didn't mean he was on the straight and narrow. "And he was...?"

"The one you kissed, princess." Sadie said, red as a tomato.

"What about the other one?" I asked.

"Prince Jeremiah is said to have a wild streak, but I've yet to hear any stories of him with different women."

"Will they be staying here?"

"Yes, I believe they will be here for a while. Their rooms were set up this morning." She replied.

I smiled, thinking this whole arrangement just got much more interesting. "Sadie, girl, we are really going to have some fun with these playboys," I said, my mind running a mile a minute.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Stick with me, kid," I said, smiling. "You'll be a natural in no time."

*****

Two weeks Later,

I rounded a corner, quickly peeking before I did. This place was one huge maze, but everywhere I went someone was there, at every turn. I had ditched my ladies miles ago, trying to get some privacy, where I couldn't be found. You would think that would be easy in a place this big, but no, they were all over, bowing and asking if I needed help. No, I always replied, barely stopping myself from yelling and adding to never ask again. It was like the staff lived to help. They were conditioned.

I seemed to have finally found an area that was deserted, but no I heard footsteps and dashed into the first door I saw. I turned slowly, hoping it was deserted, too. Soon, I found myself inside a library. Jackpot. I had always wanted my very own library, I thought, looking around the room. It was simply furnished with about three couches and five chairs, a throw rug covered most of the floor, and a fireplace was roaring to my left. There were about twelve shelves stocked to the max with books, journals, maps, even one wall was covered in scrolls.

I slowly made my way through the rows of books and took out a cheesy romance novel. I curled into one armchair and began to read. I was also planning to call my friends to, which I really needed to get out of the way. So I laid the book down and called Tory. No answer.

"Damn." I whispered, even though no one was around. They were probably furious with me. I hadn't called since I got here, with all the appointments and princess training. I had been busy.

"Calling your boyfriend, back in America?" A voice said.

I peeked up and into those star-like blue eyes. How did he find me? When had he come in? I hadn't heard the door. He was sitting, more like lounging, on a couch in the corner of the room. He looked like he had been napping, his hair was messy and his shoes were kicked off, the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up, showing off a tattoo. He looked human and comfortable.

Considering I had been avoiding him like the plague, all I wanted to do was run to another hopefully empty room. Why was I avoiding him? Well, after kissing him in the garden, I got the crazy idea to prank him. It must have been boredom, but I had gotten into a lot of trouble with G-ma. The prank? Well, I had strategically placed cooking oil on the floor right outside of his room. When he had stepped out, he fell like a tree. It had been hilarious, but I was the only one who thought so.