Introduction/What is schizophrenia?

Hello, and welcome to my first MCR fanfiction.

Or, rather, my first fanfiction in general

The idea for this fic has been floating around my head ever since I watched the movie 'The Voices' about two weeks ago. If you have Netflix, I suggest you give it a watch.

This story may include some frerard, but I highly doubt it. If it doesn't, this story will not contain romance of any kind. It will contain murder, gore, very foul language, and topics that may be triggering to some (i.e suicide). I will give you a warning when these parts are about to appear, so you may skip them.

The characters in this story are still being debated, but Gerard and Frank will be our main models. Oh, and a cat.

Frank and Gerard will be mere models. They will reflect very little of their real-life personalities.

Prepare to lose yourself.

-Noah 16/04/11

UPDATE: Before I begin, I thought I should give you the definition of schizophrenia, and what people with schizophrenia might hear or see on a daily basis.

schiz·o·phre·ni·a/skitsəˈfrēnēə,ˌskitsəˈfrenēə/noun: schizophrenia

a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

In short, a schizophrenic person sees reality much differently than you or I. This brain disorder affects a person's ability to determine what is real, and what is not.

People with this disorder are affected with delusions and hallucinations. Most of the time, these hallucinations and delusions don't affect the person because they aren't scary, but without proper treatment,  schizophrenia can get worse and become a very terrifying experience.

Some schizophrenic people (Like Frank in this fanfic) have some tendencies related to OCD. They may speak in rhymes for no reason at all, constantly repeat words, hoard items,  and arrange things over and over again.

You'll see all these traits in Frank's character.

-Noah 16/04/13