Chapter 5:

Aaliya's POV:

It's been a day since Zain came to Bhopal and I still haven't seen him, but I have met Zeeshan a lot lately. I make excuses to go and meet him, like last night when I took juice for him and his friend and stood at the door for few minutes just staring at him till he and his friend noticed me.

I don't understand what happens to me when I am near him. My brains stop functioning properly, butterflies start flying in my stomach.

I am all dressed and ready for the New Year's party this evening in the biggest lake of Bhopal.

"Appi lets leave or we will get late for the party." Aayat said entering in the room.

1 hour later...

Welcome everyone to this New Year cruise Party! Now I would like to invite our special guest, Mr. Zeeshan Ahmed. All eyes turn towards the entrance of the cruise when a man I didn't recognize entered through the door. Confused I look at him for a moment when something struck me.

Ya Allah! Where is Zeeshan? Why did this man enter on announcement of Zeeshan's name? Is the guy I think Zeeshan not really the Zeeshan I'm getting married to?

Horrified, just as I was about to ask the host if there was a mistake I saw Zeeshan enter the cruise with his friend Rizwan, just behind this unknown man. I smiled, he was looking rather handsome in his plain blue jeans, a blue t-shirt with a yellow blazer.

He was coming towards me and so was the unknown man.

"You look stunning Aaliya." He said coming to stand in front of me.

"Thanks. You are looking quite handsome yourself." I replied shyly.

"Hi... You are looking very beautiful." said that unknown guy who entered on Zeeshan's name, who was now standing right in front of me. This is so weird, I don't even know him and he is calling me beautiful.

"Thank you." I retorted rather rudely to the unknown guy and turned towards Zeeshan, "Shall we leave?"

"Ya sure." Zeeshan replied amused looking between me and the unknown guy.

That unknown guy was giving us jealous and angry looks while we left but I chose to ignore it and went on the dance floor with Zeeshan.

We were dancing on a romantic song but just after a minute Zeeshan left me and started dancing with some other girls. I was totally shocked and hurt and he did not seem even the least affected.

My vision blurred as tears started forming in my eyes not wanting to show him that I was crying, I turned and left the dance floor and went and sat in a lifeboat and the side of the cruise.

"Aaliya, what are you doing here?" Zeeshan asked as he came and sat in front of me in the small lifeboat our knees touching.

"What is it to you? You can go and please continue your dance with those beauties." I retorted.

"OH! Jealous are you?" he asked in a teasing tone.

"WHAT! NO! No I'm not jealous and why should I be? Allah! Why am I even talking to you?" Irritated as I was, I got up abruptly thereby losing by balance.

"ZEESHAN" I screamed just as he caught me.

We both looked into each other's eyes for a few minutes and suddenly he shook his head as if coming out of a daze and smiled a wicked smile towards me. The smile faded away in a second but left me in deep thought about why it occurred.

"Happy New Year Aaliya. I think we should leave, everyone will be waiting to wish us and it's getting late, we have to go home." He said after a while and it was only then that I heard the sound of the bursting fire crackers and realized that it's was past midnight and the New Year had begun with me in Zeeshan's arms, what could be a better start of the year?