Just A Little More Of You To Love

Aaliyah's POV
I pretty much stayed in my bed for the next week or so casually nibbling on food here or there watching my mother and Eric pretend to be a family. Was I disgusted? VERY. I remember every word they ever said to me every action they held against me I've been counting down the days until my 18th birthday and now it's only a year or so away. I live for the day I can walk away from this hell hole never to return to it again. As I kept reliving my dream and my life over and over again I didn't notice I was silently crying until my mom and Eric said something about going out and they'll be back tomorrow to check up on me. My mom leaned down to give me a kiss on the cheek but I turned away. She snatched my head back and whispered " Don't you dare try to turn away from me again little girl do you hear me? " she pushed my face away and smiled as I just glared at her. She started talking again but I wasn't listening I was too busy remembering every detail of my dream or whatever. As they walked out the door I just stared at the same wall blankly. I didn't realize he was standing in front of me until he cleared his throat. I looked at him and wiped away my tears.

Me: *mumbles* Sorry I didn't know anyone was here.

Him: Wanna tell me why your crying?

I shook my head.

Him: Come on who am I gonna tell?

I laughed a little bit.

Him: Finally a smile!

I looked at him in his face with tears still falling.

He lifted his hand and I flinched. He winced as he wiped away my tears and softly whispered

" I'm not gonna hurt you "

Me: You never told me why you stopped coming around.

Him: You never asked.

Me: You have a point. So Jalen why did you stop coming around ?

Jalen inhaled deeply.

Jalen: Its definitely not something I wanna relive, just ask Eric he can tell you all about this *lifts up shirt*

I looked at his chest and couldn't help but to be a little mesmerized and then as if it was special effects I slowly noticed a scar going across his side. I touched it softly.

He smiled a little.

Jalen: Your turn. Why are you crying.

I looked at him and quickly looked away.

Me: I .. uh.. had a dream

Jalen: About??

Me: Your gonna laugh.

Jalen tilted my face up and said " I promise I won't laugh "

Me: That's what everyone says right before they laugh.

Jalen: Good point but it honestly can't be that bad.

As I continued to stare into his eyes I noticed that sometimes they appeared to be green and other times seemed like they glowed.

" Visiting hours are..... Jalen??? "

I quickly shifted my gaze back to the floor and Jalen got off the bed and moved to the chair.

Jalen: Yes mam.

" I was wondering why you weren't answering my calls you had me worried! "

Jalen: Sorry I left my phone in the car and I was just helping a friend out.

Nurse: That's sweet well hey Aaliyah sweet pea you gotta eat.

I shook my head no.

Jalen looked at the nurse and she looked at him with her eyebrows raised. He nodded his head.