The park

Me:*smiles* I had a great time today.

Jalen:*chuckles* Well of course,I'm a very fun person. So,you wanna go on a picnic with me tomorrow?

Me: Just you?

Jalen: Me,you,and food.

Me:*laughs* Okay Jalen.

Jalen: It's nice to hear you laugh.... You have some much pain in your eyes.

I looked down.

Me: Thank you.

He pushed my face back up.

Jalen: Don't look down. You're too beautiful.

I smiled.

Me: Well I better get going.

Jalen: Okay.

I walked to my car. As I got in I seen Jalen still standing there. I smiled. He waved to me and I waved back.

My phone started ringing.

Me: Hello??

??: You're in trouble!!!

Me: Really Eric. How the fuck am I in trouble when it's only *looks at the time* 9:45 p.m.

Eric: You have a curfew.

Me: AT 10!!!!

Eric: I highly doubt you'll be in the house by then.

Me: Oh really??

Eric: Yeah. *laughs*

I hung up. We'll see about that now won't we. I sped off in my car. I mean I didn't need to cause I was right around the corner. As I pulled up I slammed my door then ran to my window. I lifted it up, hopped in and ran to the bathroom. A minute later I heard my dad open the door.

??: Aaliyah???

Me: I'm in the bathroom!!

??: Oh okay.

I heard his footsteps walkout the door. I let out a sigh of relief. I took a quick shower and put on some sleepers. I know I have chores so I may as well start them.

??: AALIYAH!!!!!

I took off running up the stairs.

Me: Yes?!!

When I got up the stairs I seen my mom standing in the doorway of my room.

Monica ( Aaliyah's mom): Oh, Eric said you weren't here. He said you were out somewhere.

Me: Nope. I'm home. Where would I go?? I have no friends?

Monica walked over to me and hugged me.

Monica: Awe. Sweet pea don't worry soon you will have friends.

Me: Yeah not if Eric can help it.

Monica: What do you mean??

Me: *sighs* Nothing. You won't understand.

Monica: Aaliyah you can tell me anything.

Me: I know.

Monica kissed my forehead and I walked away to finish my chores.

As I was sweeping the floor Eric came running down the stairs.

Eric: Aaliyah!!!

I looked up at him.

Me: What???

Eric: Spell me.

Me: M-e.

Eric: You forgot the d.

Me: There is no d in me.

Eric: I could change that.

I looked at him like he was crazy. Then sat down in a chair.

Me: What??? Oh... OHHHH.

Eric laughed.

Me: Okay why are you talking to me?? Remember I'm not cool enough to hang with you. .

Eric: Aaliyah we are at home its not like your gonna go to school and tell people this. *laughs*

Me: Tell them what?? That your my brother but NEVER claim me at school?? Tell them you talk to me when I am at home?? Tell them that your my BULLY at school but my brother at home?? WHO WOULD I TELL ERIC!!!!

I got up and walked to my room little did I know my mom seen and heard the whole thing.

Monica: So... You unclaim your sister?? You bully her???

She said a little angry.

Eric turned around.

Eric: N-n-no mom.

Monica: Eric don't you dare lie to me!!!! 

Eric: Okay fine, yes at school I bully her. But I do it for a good reason.

Monica: What's that good reason??

Eric: So my social status won't fall.

Monica: YOUR THE REASON WHY MY DAUGHTER COMES HOME WITH BRUISES AND TEARS STREAMING DOWN HER FACE!!!!!!! DON'T YOU THINK SHE GETS BEAT ENOUGH HERE??? I MEAN HER DAD SLAPS THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUTTA HER IF SHE EVEN BREATHES WRONG!!!! SO WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK ITS OKAY TO SLAP AND BEAT THE SHIT OUTTA HER AT SCHOOL!!!!?????

Eric: *mumbles* I don't know.

Monica: WHAT??!!

Eric: I said I don't know.

Monica: You don't know huh??? Well imma give you a reason.

She pulled off her belt and started beating him with it.

Eric: OWWW MAMA STOP!!!!

Monica blacked out as she kept hitting Eric.

Monica: No *hit* you think *hit* its okay *hit* to beat *hit* your sister. *hit*  You *hit* made *hit* the bed *hit* so now *hit* you lie*hit* in it. *hit*

Eric: MAMA IM SORRY!!!!!

Monica: For what???

Eric: FOR UNCLAIMING, BEATING, AND BULLYING MY SISTER AALIYAH!!!!

Monica kept hitting him with a belt until Derrick walked down the steps and took the belt from her.

Derrick: So Eric, you think its okay to beat your sister??

Eric: N-n-no s-s-sir.

Derrick: Good. Cause if I see her with a scratch on her face tomorrow imma beat the shit out of you. Now I hope you tell all your little friends bye cause your on punishment for 2 months. No electricity, no hanging with your friends unless its with your sister Aaliyah, no phone, oh and you have to clean this whole house top to bottom on Friday.

Eric: Yes sir.

He said with his head down then walked back up the stairs. My dad walked up to me with his arms folded.

Dad: How long have this been going on?

Me;*shaking* S-since the b-b-beginning o-of  H-high s-school.

He looked at me with anger filling his eyes then lifted his hand and slapped me.

I just sat there and cried.

Dad: DON'T YOU EVER LET ERIC PUT HIS HANDS ON YOU!!!!

He stormed out the room and my mother rushed in.

She was crying with me.

Mom: I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry. I don't know how to stop him.

I just kept crying.

She hugged me and put her lips next to my ear and whispered " We're leaving this hell hole soon, I promise baby girl."

Dad: MONICA!!!!!

My mom got up and walked to her room. Next thing I know, I hear a loud THUD and my mom crying. I sure as hell hate it here. I pulled out my suitcase and put in some clothes that I don't really wear. Then I hid the suitcase behind my shoes. I found a button on the wall a few years back and that's where I go when I need to hide something.