Best Friends

I sat the tray of food on the nightstand and looked at Jay snoring. I climbed onto the bed and sat on his lap making him snore quieter. I smiled bending down to kiss him.

Jalen:*groans* Is this your new way of waking me up.

me: Maybe bubby.

He groaned sitting up then rested his head on the headboard, placing his hands around my waist.

Jalen: You're really leaving me?

me: Only for two hours, Miley wants to meet up at the mall.

He ran his hands through my curls then smiled.

Jalen: Take as much money as you need baby girl.

me: Do you want me to bring you something back?

Jalen: No, enjoy your day baby girl.

me: Okay, get showered up and call me whenever you get bored.

He nodded his head then reached for the tray of food.

me: I love you Jalen.

Jalen: I love you too baby.

I kissed him, grabbed the tray and handed it too him, then got off his lap.

      I got out of the truck and met Miley at the entrance of the mall.

Miley: Hey, I'm surprised you came.

I nodded as we walked into the Mall's entrance.

Miley: Okay so I figured we could get started by getting to know each other.

my: Okay, my name is Aaliyah.

Miley: My name Millieyanna, you can call me Mile, Miley, or Yanna.

me: Nice to meet you Miley.

She nodded her head as we walked into my favorite store. Victoria Secret.

Miley: What's your favorite color?

me: Black, yours?

The entire time we were getting to know each other. Laughing and smiling like we were best friends that haven't seen each other in decade's. As we were walking out laughing about the previous joke she just cracked, Eric walked in and looked at us.

Eric: ........ Uh.. Hey Miley. Hey lil sis.

Miley: Hi Eric.

I looked at him.

Eric: I got your message Mile,is it true.

Miley nodded.

" But you don't have to be apart of the baby's life, I decided to get pregnant, I can raise the baby myself. " she said.

He shook his head "no" then looked up at both of us.

Eric: I got you pregnant, I'm gonna be a man stepping up to take care of you and my baby. The same with you Aaliyah. I understand I'm a pussy ass nigga for hitting on you and letting Derrick put his hands on you but that's done and over withI need y'all to understand that you are the only three people that matter to me, including your little boyfriend alright. Now show a brother some love.

I smiled walking up to him then hugged him. He smiled hugging me back then kissed my cheek.

Eric: I love you Aaliyah.

me: I love you Eric.

     I walked out of the mall heading towards the truck when my phone started ringing. I answered getting into the truck then starting it.

me: Hello?

Jalen: Babe, when are you coming home?

me: I'm on my way now. Is everything alright?

Jalen: Yep, everything is just perfect.

He said sounding like he was doing something.

me: Uh.. okay. See you when I get home.