The Dream

Franks POV:

I was underwater. I could feel my lungs struggling to contain the last ounce of oxygen that was in my body. I was just a kid, barely even ten years old.

I used all my strength to try and swim to the surface. I could see the trees above the water, and I desperately tried to reach them. But it was no use. My body was useless in the struggle against the water crushing me from above.

I sank lower, and as I realised I had no chance of escape, I let my body become still as I stared at the blue sky above me, knowing I wouldn't be able to see it again.

I saw something dark and scary in the corner of my vision. Like a shadow, only more sinister. I could feel myself crying out for help, but nothing happened. No one came. I was left staring at the dark cloud above the water, I screamed out, and the shadow moved towards me. I saw what it was straight away. It was a face. The face of a young man. With black hair. It was Gerard.

I threw my arms to him, hoping he'd catch me, but instead he just stared.

Then he started to laugh. An evil, shrill laugh. One I'd never heard before.

He reached his hand down to my shoulder, and pushed me down into the blackness.

---

I sat up with a start. I was dreanched in sweat, and my heart was pounding. I looked over to the left side of the bed, and saw Gerard. I hadn't woken him.

I looked at the clock. 6:28am. I decided to get up and get some coffee.

Gerard and I had been together for 6 months and we had bought an apartment together. Every night since we moved here I'd been having that same dream. I didn't know what to make of it.

Did it have some kind of secret meaning? I mean..I felt right when I was with Gerard. I fel like I could be myself. He supported every desicion I ever made, and he always made sure I was happy.

But that dream always left something in the back of my mind. The corner of my eye.

By the time I'd made breakfast and showered it was 7:30, time for Gee to get up and go to work. He worked in a small comic book shop with Mikey downtown, and I worked in a tattoo parlour. We didn't make much, but it was enough to scrape by.

I was the happiest I'd ever been. But I always had a thought in my head that told me something bad was going to happen between me and Gerard.

I prayed for it to be just a hunch. My thoughts were interrupted when Gerard walked into the kiitchen with a bedhead and bags under his eyes.

"Hey good looking" I said when I saw him

"Morning Frankie." He replied, followed by a yawn.

He stalked off to get a shower, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I started to play some music to help distract me, when Gerard's phone started ringing.

I answered: "Hey, Gererd's in the shower, it's Frank."

A husky voice said: "Oh, right. Well just tel him to check his messages." Then they hung up. Rude.

I looked at the phone and a message flashed up. It said:

Hey, the other night was awesome, lets meet up again x

I guess it was stupid, but I unlocked his phone and looked at the conversation. It was Bert McCraken. Gerard's Ex. I looked through the texts, dated one month ago.

Bert: Hey Gee, lets hook up, it was fun to see you ;) x

Gerard: Yeah definitely ;) I don't want Frankie to find out though. I mean, I still love him.

Bert: He wont baby, lets meet up and have a good time ;) x

Gerard: Sounds great ;) I'll pick you up at 7 x

I just stared blankly at the phone for a few seconds. So..Gerard wasn't workig late at the store. He was seeing his ex.

Was he...cheating? If he really was just meeting Bert for a drink or something he would've told me.

Something had to be going on.

My thoughts were interrupted when Gerard walked in and dropped a coffee much on the floor.

It shattered into a million pieces, like my heart did when I read those messages.

As a tear ran down my face, I stared into his eyes, and I immediately knew that I was right.