5

"What" Sam asked surprised I had even asked. "Oh, this?" She asked lifting the sleeve of her (mine) jacket. She started giggling. "It's a really funny story actually" she started explaining that over the weekend she had been reading and she dropped the book on her face, Fell off the bed and landed on her arm, on top of a pile of other books. Ironic I suppose. "Hey um I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out today, like after school, like maybe possibly at my house, I mean it's okay if you don't-" Sam was interrupted by my sudden burst of laughter. "Of course". I said flattered. 8th period seemed to fly by with giggles and terrible puns.

As we loaded off the bus I realized that I wasn't aware of where she lived. "Hey Sam, where is it you live actually" I asked. She pointed down the street. "Only a few blocks, it isn't that far I promise, oh also I hope you like cats" we both laughed over our mutual love of cats. The walk was peaceful. The sunlight bounced off her red hair. I've always wanted a hair color as vibrant as that, I'm stuck with a greyish brown. She walked ahead of me, wow just the way the light and the atmosphere framed her was like a piece of art. "Lis?" Sam asked noticing I had Kept walking, obviously drifting off. I blushed embarrassed and followed her up the front steps. Her house had a yellow glow from the sunlight outside. "If you want we can like read or play um video games or whatever" we talked about her love for video games. After extensively trying to get me to play video games, we decided on her playing "before dawn" while I watched snuggling with her cat. When you first meet people you never know what's going to happen. I didn't know I'd be hanging out with the girl that interrupted my reading and made me question my sexuality. I don't know what it is. Usually everyday I get reminded again and again of Aaron, but I haven't thought of him during the while Sam's been locked onto my mind. She reminded me that not all pretty faces have ugly souls lurking behind them. The entirely of her aura (from what I could tell) was so pure and so in piece. I Still felt that maybe she had a few broken pieces but don't we all. There's just something about her that fascinates me.

By the time Sam got to a good stopping point it was already 9. I called my mom and assured her I'd be home soon. I gathered my belongings and Sam started to walk me home. By this time the moon was already peaking out. We walked side by side, our hands every once in awhile bumping into each other. I wanted to grab her hand and intertwine my fingers with hers. I just want to make sure she's alright and her broken pieces would become but a memory. I don't know what she thinks of me, or if she even thinks of me that way. I want her to know but I don't know to be exposed again. I want to be loved but I don't think I can risk it again. I want to open myself up but my scars still remain and I see the bruises every day even though they've long healed. The night air was brisk, and my mind was racing.
Is this wise?
My stomach began to hurt and I felt the butterflies coming back. Finally over hands bumped once again and I felt her fingers lace between mine. I felt my face get red, I hoped she couldn't see it between the low brightness of the street lights and the night sky. We continued to walk. Hand in hand and the butterflies in my stomach starting to lessen. I still felt like I could still possibly throw up at any up coming moment. We reached my house and we stopped. "I had a great time, Sam". She let out a giggle. "I know". We both laughed for a minute. "Thank you for getting to know me" she waved and started heading home.
That night it took me longer than usual to pass out. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely tired but my mind and my chest were still racing. I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I wished I could shut my mind off and go to sleep. I wonder how Sam feels. I still wonder how she's really feeling.