S I X

Matt

I stand behind soundproof glass as I watch two officers work tirelessly to find anything that may help them find Annie.

"Matt." The lead detective waves me to come in to a room with him. I walk towards the open door and walk inside. He shuts the door. "Sit."

Am I being interrogated? I thought he cleared me as a suspect. Did they find something that makes me look guilty? I can't handle this right now.

"My guys got a cellphone ping in an abandoned area of town. They are tracing the PIN number to figure out the buyer." He explains.

"What does this have to do with Annie?" I ask. I do not understand.

"We got the same type of ping at your house during the time period the crime would have been committed." He continues. "So if we can get another ping, we've got him. We can get his location."

"Sir-" someone opens the door. "Sorry to interrupt. But he's making a phone call. You've got to see this."

"Excuse me." The detective stands.

"C-can I come?" I ask. I want to be as involved with finding Annie as I possibly can. If there is something- anything I can do, I want to make sure it can be done as quickly as possible. The more people they have to help, the better.

"You say one word and you're out. Understand?" I nod. I wouldn't do anything to mess with their chances at finding my Annie. "Good. Let's go." He waves me to join him.

"Do you have a location?" He asks, bursting in to a dark room filled with people hunched over dozens computers. "Is it our man?"

"It's definitely our man sir. He mentions the victim by name." Someone in the corner speaks up. I can't believe how quickly they found her.

But how does he know her name? I suppose she must have told him in an attempt to be set free.

"Location?"

"I've sent it to the cars sir. Its just outside town in an abandoned motel near the highway."

"Let's go." He elbows me in the arm. "You're riding with me."

I nod and quickly follow him out the door and through the building to get outside.

"Now, I'm letting you come along. That is highly against our procedure here but you are a good guy and you deserve to get the girl. I saw the ring. She's a lucky lady." He opens the passenger side door for me. "She is going to need to see a familiar face when this is all over. It will help with her condition."

I slide in and quickly buckle my seatbelt. "Thank you for all of this."