Chapter 6: Discovery

Kim smiled at me warmly, as if she was actually expecting an answer from me, I cleared my throat before actually answering her question,"Well where do you want to start?" She laughed a little, "Well maybe I should start by explaining why I am here with you." 

I took some time between questions and answers to process what I had heard and tried to put the pieces together to form a story I could understand. Kim was always a 2P, she was in my original dimension originally to trick me into going in with the rest of the two parts; part one down, now to part two. Kim realized she didn't have to take orders so instead became a close friend and protected me from the two parts, got that down. She knew I was a country all along well more like a two part, she has stayed in the two part universe to find herself but hasn't had any luck. Well sounds like a happy story, doesn't it? The reason the two parts wanted me with them wasn't really clear to her and she is just as confused as I however she thinks she can find a way back to the original countries. I heard a snapping sound, I shook my head trying to get a grasp of reality, "You ok? You've been staring at the same spot on the wall for at least a minute," I looked at her and nodded slowly," I just need to have some time to think," she nodded a little before patting my back, "You can stay in whatever room you want," I smiled as she stood up and stretched, "See you tomorrow morning." I looked around the living room,"Why was it only me? Why not the other two parts?" I stood up and began pacing around, "This can't be right." I walked around the house before finding the library which actually seemed to be the most comfortable place for me. In the library I looked around at all the books, "Why would she go to me on her own?" A book caught my attention, when I pulled it out the shelf I could see that it was a pretty old book. The cover had some dust on it and I simply blew over the cover to get rid of the dust, now some words were visible but it was in a language I couldn't understand or recognize. I walked over to a couch that was in the corner of the huge maze of book cases, the couch was red and there was a small lamp hovering over the chair, I smiled and took a seat on the couch. I cautiously opened the book to be greeted by more words that I couldn't make out, "Well damn this is just perfect," I closed the book and put it next to me before pulling my legs up to my chest, none of this was making sense and that stupid book was my only hope for distraction. I looked around at the shelves and couldn't seem to make out the shapes of the books, I sighed in frustration.

Thinking about things so hard wasn't good, it was the reason I could be getting anxiety soon. I was technically alone at this point and I couldn't do anything about it, I just wasn't ready for this, I thought I could have a better life if I simply became a country. I was beginning to feel something cold on my shoulder but I of course chose to ignore it but the more I tried to ignore the cold feeling the cooler it became. I finally gave in and touched my shoulder feeling a small ball, I looked over at my shoulder but nothing was there and the feeling I had felt before was gone by now. I shook my head, maybe it was just the lack of sleep but I knew I shouldn't be sleeping, I wouldn't be able to rest well anyways. Something tugged a small section of my hair, "Psst, Divya why did you leave the house? I thought you had gone to work out or something but when you didn't come back I got a little worried." I shook my head before a small figure appeared in front of me it had short legs, small arms and a large head with thin antennas, "Divya? Are you alright?" I looked at the tiny floating creature, "Kiri to Divya! What's wrong you look like you've never seen me before!" The small creature who's name I now knew was Kiri floated closer examining me closely, specifically my eyes, "You! You're an impostor!" I shook my head, she was accusing me for no reason, "Who are you and where is Divya!" The tiny creature floated around looking at me waiting for an answer, "Where did you hide her?! I'm not intimidated by people like you!" I raised my hands in defense, "I really wish I knew, I just want to get back home." I said a little confused, who was I talking to? What is this..thing? The small blue creature sat on my shoulder, "Oh," she paused, "then go back home and give me Divya back, its that simple." I looked at Kiri, "No it isn't that simple, Divya or whatever her name is brought me here and left me in her body." Kiri looked at me, a little amazed, but then her expression changed to one of sadness, "She left me behind again," Kiri seemed to ignore the fact that I was there and began to rage, "She always does this! Says she is going to behave and be a good person but when I leave she always attempts to go! Who does she think she is? She won't be able to survive long in a different world that fu-" I grabbed her and had her sit on my hand, "Hey calm down and explain to me, why did she want to go? Why aren't you supposed to leave her unattended?" She looked at me expecting another question, "And most importantly WHAT ARE YOU?" A small smile formed on her face before laughing a little, "That's more like it." I was assuming I seemed really drained, "Maybe you should get some rest, I'll speak to you tomorrow."