Chapter 18 - shift happens.

wooooo! so, here's another chapter! hopeeeee, you guys aren't mad at me. )= it gets really stuffy to post, but i have found time & ideas! (ima' procrastinator. sue me.) anywaaaay! hope you love this chapter! (=

__________________________________________________________________________________

             Kayla:

I decided not to. I mean, at first i was about to give in to the awesome feeling of his lips brushing against mine but after seeing 'Ray Ray' on my phone, vibrating again i decided not to.

  Damn that phone.

      "Ray Ray . . ." I whispered, totally rejecting him as he lowered a bit and slid off of me. He also saw my phone, and by the look on his face, he wanted to throw that damned thing right outside the window.

      Let me just grab my phone . . .

I sighed, reaching for my phone and opening it up. It took me a moment, but I finally realized that he was calling.

         Oh, shit. I looked up at Diego as he shrugged his shoulders. "Answer it." he whispered.

"What do I say?" I whispered back.

                     "The phone's on." he whispered.

The phone's on? I was about to whisper back, asking him what he meant until I heard: "Hello?"

       "Uh, hey . . . hey, Ray Ray." I stammered, already nervous even though we weren't talking in person. Still, though, I  could feel his small almond eyes on me.

         Or, at least, looking around for me.

"Uh. Hi. Were you just talking to yourself?" he asked me, obviously hearing me talking to Diego in the background. I hesitated, thinking up a good lie, but all that could come out was: "Nope."

                 "Uh . . . okay then . . . anyway, where are you? I went to your room but Angel said that you went downstairs for coffee last night and she fell asleep before you came back."

             "Uh. Yeah. Um. Helped out, y'know, a few teachers and um . . . you know . . . worked on that project. In the library." that sounded like a terrible lie. It really did. I mean, I know he wouldn't buy that. Ray Ray's too smart for that.

              "The . . library? But your books were on your bed."

"Yeah. That's because . . . I had my flashdrive."

              A-ha! Their is no possible way to go around that, so I knew that I had hit the stopping point. That is, of course, until he said that he had my flashdrive.