Chapter 11

I just wanted to say thank you to the user "Shield" for starring my book I greatly appreciate it. :) Also, please make sure to go read my single story that I wrote titled "Vanished in the mist." Enjoy chapter 11 :).  

When I got on the Normandy I felt a little uncomfortable, we had an entire new crew which I didn't feel ecstatic about. When it comes to meeting new people, well I would rather not. Everything pretty much looked the same, there are a few things that the alliance has added, apparently we have a war room and an entire new comm room. But overall I had a chance to sleep in the barracks with the crew, but I ended up moving my room into the main battery it was too cold for me in the crews quarters. I look around and it seems like they made it so you could get to the sides of the guns, finally makes my job a lot easier, I actually felt overjoyed that to seem like I always had a problem with that before. I was happy that they didn't move the window that was looking out to space, I didn't notice but there was a bunk underneath the window last time I was on here I had to sleep on whatever cushions we could find around here. I sit on it, and it actually seemed really nice doesn't seem like the standard issue that the military would give, if it was issued by them it would feel like a brick.

"Garrus." Joker comes over the intercom, I jumped, I wasn't expecting that.

"Uh, yeah Joker what's up?" I say getting off the bed.

"Thank god you're back man. I need someone to fix the guns, when the alliance was working on the modifications and fixing the Normandy they really screwed those babies up."

"Why do you say that?"

"They don't have as much kick as they use to, they still have a lot of power, but it feels like something is holding them back."

"How would you know that Joker?" I say as I move my way over to the desk and run a scan on it.

"Trust me man, this thing is my baby, I would know if something was wrong with her."

"Ah got it, cause that is definitely reliable." I look through the scan and it doesn't bring up anything. "Well the scan brought up nothing Joker. Maybe you're just going crazy."

"I'm telling you man, something's off."

"Alright, alright. I'll check it out."

"Thanks Garrus I owe you one." I hear a beep go off. I move to the side of the guns and start working on it, well Joker was right, there was something my omni- tool was picking up, but it was something the scan would miss. I play around with the guns a bit, and I pull out a safety mechanism filter, made it so the guns wouldn't over heat. Which was worthless, because this thing already has a bunch of filters in it since Cerberus upgraded the guns. To my surprise while I was working on the guns Shepard came down to my room.

"Garrus taking no break to get to work I see?" She says coming next to me as I pull something out of the gun.

"Yeah, when they 'refurbished' the guns" I grunt as I take out another filter "they put all these stupid filters in here." I say as I throw the white puffy cylinder in the trash. "Not to mention from what I've been through in the past couple of days calibrating and fixing a giant gun is a vacation. Gives me something to focus on other than... than" I bring back my thoughts of my family, just imagine them in the rubble "well other than what I have been through the past couple days."

"Well we're going to need you for more than fixing that." She nudges her shoulder to the guns.

"I'll be ready for it, but I feel like we still need a bunch of guns, big guns."

"Can't argue with that."

"But Shepard" I say as I put my omni- tool away and I walk closer to her "there's something I want to get off my chest first."