Chapter 12

I sat on my desk next to Haruhi while the twins were teaching Renge about ground coffee. It was lunch and I doodled in my sketchbook. I was drawing a sketch of my upcoming mahou manga.

"You've NEVER tried ground coffee before?!" The twins asked Renge in disbelief and disappointment.

"W-Well I think I've tried that before!" Renge stuttered nervously.

"Oh! That's right! Isn't that when the coffee's already been ground for you?" Renge asked.

"EEEEEH!!" The twins buzzed like one of those noises you hear on game shows.

"That's just ground coffee..Instant is totally different! I don't think there's even any coffee beans in them! You just mix this powder with hot water and drink it! You don't have to brew it! It's pretty awesome" Hikaru explained as if coffee was a gift from the gods.

"So it's basically just like coffee but not as robust!" Kaoru added.

"And yet it's strangely satisfying..." Hikaru stated.

"Now that you mention it..We've just ran out of instant coffee..." Kaoru added.

"Go fetch up some Haruhi and Michiko!" They ordered.

"Stop being such lazy ass blobs and get it yourself" I shot at them, finishing the touches on one of my manga pages.

"Easy for you to say!" Hikaru exclaimed.

"You're just drawing your otaku stuff! We however are explaining the importance of coffee!" Kaoru added.

"It's called manga you nitwit. And coffee is not important, it's just a damn drink with loads of caffeine" I explained.

"Why do I have to go too?" Haruhi groaned.

"Because you're the only commoner here, no one else knows where to buy it!" They explained.

"Besides! We've even been serving it to our guests lately! And besides, it's part of your job!" Kaoru stated while washing my hair and Haruhi's.

"But the cultural club exposition starts soon..." Haruhi said, a bit irritated on how the twins were fixing us up.

"Well it's not mandatory, so if you're not interested you don't have to go!" Hikaru explained, while he and Kaoru lifted us up and put us out of the classroom.

"And for goodness sake be careful out there!" They called out as Haruhi and I glared at the two.

"Those lazy asses don't know when to stop do they?" I asked with an irritated sigh.

"Apparently not...." Haruhi uttered with a groan.

"Oh hi Haruhi and Michiko!" Two sudden voices rang. Haruhi and I turned our heads to see two girls, who were guests of the host club, but were also fellow classmates.

"Are you two okay?" One asked with a giggle.

"Yeah.." I muttered with a look of reassurance.

"We just wished they'd buy their own instant coffee..." Haruhi stated with another groan.

"Well I don't think that'll happen, but we're grateful to the two of you!" The brown haired guest chirped.

"Why would you be grateful? What did we do?" I asked, tilting my head in curiosity.

"We've been in the same class as the twins ever since middle school.." One of the girls explained with a faraway look in her eye, as if she was having a flashback. to her middle school days.