A Little Magic...

The June day was wearing on. The sky was dark as the heavy rain tumbled down onto the house and its grounds. Lightning lit up the skies. The reflection of the light caught on the surfaces of the many vehicles in the driveway.

Inside the house, all the nations had been griping about the storm. America had convinced them to stay the night instead of driving through the storm. Though they had listened, they hadn't quit complaining.

"America."

He turned around to see his brother jogging towards him. "Canada, what's up?"

He stopped in front of America, a smile on his lips. "Just wanted to give you a heads up."

"Of?"

"England only brought enough tea for the afternoon."

America bit his lip. "That's gonna be a problem. I haven't gone out shopping this week."

"You don't have any food?"

"I have some. Just, not tea and stuff."

Canada sighed. "At least we won't starve."

"I'll bring him a drink or something. I'll make it up to him."

"I hope so. Remember the last time he didn't have his tea?"

America laughed. "Yeah. Don't want that happening again."

"No kidding," Canada said with a wide grin. "Hey, by the way, Russia was looking for you earlier."

America held his breath for a moment before he reminded himself to breath. Why the heck am I reacting like this, anyway, he thought. "He was?"

Canada nodded. "Yeah. He was looking for you near your room when I saw him."

"Thanks." America watched his brother smile to his annoyance. "What?"

"You know what."

"No, I don't," he said honestly.

"Russia."

"What about him?"

"You and him."

"What?"

"America, you're blushing."

He felt the blood rush to his cheeks as he spoke, "Shut up! No, I'm not!" He brushed a hand along his cheek, somewhat trying to wipe the blush away.

"When are you going to admit it?"

"Admit what?"

His brother just rolled his eyes with a shake of his head before walking past him. America watched him for a moment before walking down the hallway himself.

He was in the dining room, looking for some scotch when he heard his name once again. He froze when he turned around to see Russia coming towards him with something like a bottle in hand.

"Hey, Russia." America tried for a smile as Russia stopped in front of him.

"I was wondering if you would like to join me for a drink?"

"Sure," he said immediately, not even thinking about his response. "I have to get something for England first, though. You want to come with me?"

He nodded his head and followed when America made his way back upstairs to England's room. He knocked on the door, holding the bottle of scotch and a glass in his other hand. "England?" When he got no response, he slowly opened the door and stepped inside. Russia came in after him, setting his bottle on a table.

England stood in the center of his room, a book in hand and a stick in his other hand. No, that's his wand. He's doing magic. Great.

"England," America said.

Russia stepped closer to America, saying softly, "Should we leave?"

"Hang on," America said absentmindedly.

England's mutterings grew louder, a strange glow growing in front of him.

"England!"

England jumped, turning around to face him, his wand's point coming to rest on the two.

There was a bright flash that temporarily blinded America. His hands let go of the glass and bottle before they shattered on the floor. Then...