chapter six

Patrick

"So hey, um, Megan. Would you mind telling me another background story? You know just to get things spiced up." And I put air quotation marks when I said the words spiced up.

"Okay Pat every time we eat you seriously want to about something sad." She said as she took a sip of the hot choco.

"Well... the sad things in life are the best things. So I want to know the best things that happened in you life. Don't worry after this we'll talk about the happy things!"

"Well... okay if you want too, but tell somethings too okay?"

"Sure."

"Okay so here we go. E-ehem. So remember what I said about my parents dropping me off to college and then leaving? Every time I think about that, It always gets to me that what if they really planned that from the start? Like from the day I knew things they've thought about it. My parents despise me. I know I was such a brat and a disrespectful and an un obedient  child. But I swear, I did everything to be the nicest kid ever born. It's just that they didn't show any appreciation for me you know? I knew they bought everything I'd ever wanted, they did everything for me but the truth is, there's always something missing: they never loved me. You could feel it if your parents love you, but trust me I didn't feel theirs. They're not affable, if they don't like something they won't like it even if it makes you happy, they always shout at me, they don't listen to me. When I was a kid I never told them secrets, I never told them the things that happened in my life that really affected me because they'll either scold me, shout at me or never listen to me. I love them but you know? They're really hard to understand." She sighed "That's why I promised myself that when I grow up and if I'm ever going to be a parent, I wouldn't be like them. I was suicidal because of them you know? I was sad whenever I'm with them. They're moody as hell and I was done with it. So it didn't bother me that much when they left, but the loneliness was killing me you know?" She paused for a while to catch her breath and again, sigh. " what's your tragic background story?"

I shifted to another comfortable position and started to tell her mine "Well just the same as yours, but I had a sister. Growing up, it wasn't that hard. But when my sister came, that's where things started to be a little thought. I was always wrong about everything, if they're mad I would be the one to blame, and everything's just pure bs. I was so done with it that I decides to runaway and here I am now." I looked at her.

"I may sound super childish for my reason but you know how it feels right?"

"Yep. And it's damn hard." She picks up her hot—well not so hot anymore—choco and raised it "a toast to the teenage runaway and to the one that got away."

"Cheers." And out mugs clinked.

I stared at her while she's eating, I may sound creepy but I just can't help it.

Those pale greenish eyes, her perfectly white and aligned teeth, the way her lips move, the way she eats, the way her hair falls down her face. It just seems surreal. This sounds so cliché but,

I think I like her