chapter seven

Megan

"So Patrick, I was thinking if we could tell happy stories now? We always talk about sad stories like damn Pat, don't you wanna bring some sunshine in your life?" I said as I was cleaning the dishes while he was cleaning the counter.

"Well you're the greatest sunshine I'd ever received." He mumbled

"What was that?" I said as I laughed out loud "that's the stupidest and cheesiest thing I've ever heard!" He hugged me from behind and whispered "well you need to get used to it Mrs. Dunn."

I smeared my soapy hands on his face "well sorry about that but I'm never gonna be Mrs. Dunn." I said as I returned on washing the dishes.

He snatched a towel from one of his cabinets and asked "why not?"

"Because..." I paused for a while and faced him "because, it's a secret! I wouldn't tell you because if I did it wouldn't be a secret anymore." I said as I rinsed the last plate and whispered done to myself. As I was about to wipe my wet hands off he jumped in and tickled me.

"Omygod Patrick stop! We're not sixteen! Damn it Patrick stop!!"

He stopped tickling me and sat down on one of the chairs of his dining table. "You know back when I was a kid, I used to see my parents do that and be sweet to each other. I used to see them smear soap foam on each other, wash the dishes with each other and tickle themselves, and when they see me they would chase me around the house and tickle me and smear soap foam on my face." He said as he let out a little laugh "man, I wish I was still a child."

I sat on the floor beside his chair "When I was a kid, I used to be super close with my parents, I used to tell them secrets, tell them everything, cry with them and all sorts of stuff. Me and my parents used to be super close, we had arguments sure but you know that? We used to be something a kid wants in life." I smiled as I looked at him. "What's falling in love like?"

"Well... falling in love is like, ah, ummm, hmmm. No scratch that, falling in love is not like gardens with flowers, with butterflies and flying unicorns. Falling in love is like a slaughter house, with chainsaws and knives and dead bodies. It's hella scary but at the same time it's exciting. Exciting because every love is different, exciting because he or she might be the one."