Chapter 4

Crystal

It's been a while since I've gone back to the house. I quickly packed up my things, and started to walk home. I was expecting Cassie to try to scare me as I walked through the door, but no one was there. She is usually here around seven.... I walked further into the house to see Maple reading a book about politics... Nerd.. I walked up to her and was about to ask her where everyone was, when I jumped at the sound of a blood curtailing scream. I looked at Maple, and she looked at me. We ran outside, and saw mother on the ground, with blood pouring out of her side. In her side was an arrow, but this wasn't just any arrow, it was a burning arrow.

The horrible events of the night of my fathers death replayed in my mind. That's when it all hit me, like a stack of bricks. They're back. The men that killed my father. They didn't just want my father, they wanted my whole family. They weren't going to stop until they got what they wanted. They wanted all of us. Dead. I felt as everything was crashing down on me.... And I couldn't escape.

"Crystal.." She whispered.

Tears started streaming down my frail face and I looked at my dying mother.

"Yes, mother?" I let out through chocked sobs.

"Take t-these.... They will protect you.."

She handed me three necklaces. One for each of us. I saw her eyes start the flutter open, then closed, and the process continued.

"R-Run.... Run as far as you can.. And stick T-together.."

Her eyes closed, And she stopped breathing.

"NOOO!" I screamed. "MOTHER NO! DON'T LEAVE ME! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!"

I started sobbing, and was torn off my mother by Maple.

"RUN! HURRY!" She screamed.

"W-What about C-Cassie?!" I yelled back.

"She's not here.... But we have to go, NOW!" She yelled.

I got up and we ran, we ran as fast as we could, and then I saw something. It was a figure standing in the distance. It was Cassie! Wait.... She was standing by someone.... It looked like the figure of a man... I started running faster, I needed to get to my sister. Maple was falling behind, so I grabbed her arm and dragged her along. Cassie's figure got clearer, and clearer as we got closer to her, and that strange looking man..

Cassie's P.O.V.-

I ran towards the noise, with Chase following behind. The house was on fire, and mother was laying silent on the ground... What is she doing?!

"STOP!" Chase yelled.

"No! I need to save my family!" I screamed at him.

Then I saw two figures running up the hill. It was Maple and Crystal! I ran towards them. They were shouting out something..... Fun? Won? Run. They said run. I turned around, and crashed into Chase. I winced at the slight pain, but grabbed his arm and made him run with me.

I immediately stopped running and gasped out at the pain that had just hit me. I looked down at my leg to see a burning arrow in my right leg. My leg was bleeding uncontrollably, and that's when everything became a blur, and black spots entered my vision.

Crystals P.O.V.-

I heard a loud shriek, and looked back behind me. I saw Cassie Laying on the ground, clutching her leg. I ran towards her, but Chase told me to go, and he would help her. He picked up her limp body, and her delicate head fell over his arm. She was definitely passed out.

I squinted as I looked behind me, and that's when I saw them. The men were running behind us, and slowly gaining on us. I yelled for chase to run faster, and he did, until he was almost where I was. I looked forward again, to make sure that I didn't hit anything, but I was to late. Right when I looked forward, I tripped over a rock. I gasped out at the pain, and felt cold, salty tears slowly running down my pale face. As I tried to stand up, an arrow came in contact with my arm.

_________________________

Sorry for the short chapter... Again! Next chapter will be longer! A LOT longer! PLEASE comment! We really want to know what you are predicting and thinking! Please make an account, so you can comment! it means the WORLD to us! NOW-What do you think will happen? comment below! Any suggestions?Please tell us what you think! Well, comment, follow, and vote! bye sweethearts!

~R&K