Chapter 1

Cassie

Screaming. Loud screaming. It's was coming from Crystals room. I knew Exactly what was going on. This happens every month or so. It was the nightmare. This wasn't just any nightmare though, it was a flashback. A scary flashback. It was the night we lost out father. The house was in flames, that night. People were attacking us as we tried desperately to escape the fire... and then, we never saw him again.

I can still hear the faint cries of pain... I remember the burning coals against my delicate skin that left an arrow-shaped scar on my arm. I loved my father dearly. He was tall, pale, strong, muscular, and smart. He had brownish-black short hair and a great white smile. He also had very mesmerizing brown eyes. This was the complete opposite of me, though. I have long light brown hair, bright blue eyes, and I was somewhat tan. So, I guess you could say that I am the absolute complete opposite of my father.

It's really hard thinking about him... About people. One moment they're there, and the next they're not. Losing someone. It's like something I've never experienced before, something that I've never felt before. The extreme pain... The heartbreaking agony... And the feeling of emptiness inside your heart... That will be locked up forever. It just doesn't seem real. They're gone. Always. I will never see them again, and they will never see me again. It's a cruel thing that life makes us go through. It's not fair, and It doesn't seem right. You may think... Why? Why would you do this to me? What did I do to deserve this? What have they done? Why do we have to be separated when our love was so strong?

Stop. Jut STOP. He's never going to come back, and he NEVER WILL. I'm never going to be able to talk to him again, and he won't be able to talk to me. I will never be able to wrap my delicate arms around him again. I will never feel the comfort of his warm hands. The soothing sounds of his voice. The sweet sounds of his laugh. The sparkle in his eyes. Gone. All gone. Never to come back, ever. I found myself on the floor next to my bed, silently sobbing so that I could make sure not to wake anyone up. I had trained myself to cry like this, because I cry a lot, and the only way i could do so was to make sure i didn't wake anyone. I felt the cold, salty, tears slowly roll down my cheeks and I saw them quietly drip onto the floor. I slowly, and hesitantly, got up off the floor. Only in memories he will return. The memories of him. He was so kind, generous, and caring. He loved everyone, and everything. We all loved him, and now he's gone. I felt another tear slowly slide down my now tear-stained face. I quickly wiped away the remaining tears and remembered something. Crystal. I ran into her room, and shook her. I found her screaming Father in her sleep and I violently shook her until she was awake.

"Don't ever leave me again..". She whispered

I looked her straight in her eyes. "I won't".

"P-Promise?.." She quietly said,

"I promise."

I could see a small smile forming at the corner of her lips an then fade away.

"C-Cassy?.. Can you sleep in here tonight?"

"Sure", I answered, "but then you have to promise not to kick me off the bed again!"

She giggled as I said that, and then I found myself drifting off to sleep.

__________________________

Thanks again for reading everyone! Sorry about the long chapter! Comment and tell us what you think! Kinda sad, huh? Okay well vote, comment, share, and follow! By sweethearts!

~R&K