Part 2

The man stood there, mouth slightly agape. I couldn't believe Mr. Percival. I mean buying trinkets and such was what normal people did, but buying a carousel? That was mad. No, that was beyond mad.

"But sir...you can't buy a carousel. It's part of the fair," I reasoned.

"But I want it!" He stamped his foot so hard that it made a shoe-shaped dent in the grass. I suddenly saw an image of my younger brother arguing for a candystick at the corner store we went to as kids. I shook my head to clear it. People were watching the scene play out with curious fascination. I guess they had never seen a grown man try to buy a carousel before. That was a first for me too.

"Sir, you simply cannot buy this carousel! It is impossible." I checked my watch. "Sir, we should go. We're late for midday tea." This jolted him a bit. He absolutely detested being late. He thrust his hands deep into his grey pockets, huffed, turned on his heel, and stalked away from the carousel. Finally. Now I just have to keep him out of any more trouble. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

For the next half hour, we wandered around the booths watching people playing various games. But I could see that Mr. Percival's heart wasn't in this any longer. He stopped caring about the time, which caused our schedule to go haywire. First we were late for tea, then to watch the tug of rope, then to popcorn and cards (accompanied by more tea, of course). After that I just settled into the fact that we were going to be late to...well, everything. I had to find a way to cheer him us a bit. That's when I got an idea.

Now, I'm no self-proclaimed genius, but even I have to admit that this was pretty good. If Mr. Percival couldn't have the full sized carousel, maybe he'd settle for a smaller version. I ran the idea past Mr. Percival. That was my first mistake. 

"What? You want to buy a trivial, insignificant trinket in place of that beautiful, glorious masterpiece? I will not have it," he growled. We were attracting attention. Again. Great.

"But sir I.."

"No. I must have the real thing or nothing at all." His face set with determination again. This was going to be rather difficult. "In fact," he continued, "I am going to go and purchase the horse tornado if it takes every penny I have procured!" He turned and marched away. I had no idea how I had gotten into this mess, but now that I was in it, it was up to me to find a way out. I ignored the stares of those around me and dashed off after him.

------------

This part of the story was written by my wonderful friend Abby. She is beautiful both inside and out and will always there for you. Abby kindly listens to what you have to say and gives loving hugs. She is sweet and kind, but she also has a bit of attitude. I wouldn't trade her for the world!

I know she would be delighted if you commented and told her what you thought of her writing! Thanks!

-Annika