Chapter 3

Masky's P.O.V

I stood in the hallway in shock watching Toby drag Hoodie away. I can't believe I forgot Hoodie's birthday. I felt so bad realizing how long its been since me and Hoodie have done anything together. I walk back to my room not feeling up to sleeping with Kate tonight. Hopefully I can apologize to Hoodie since we share a room. I open the door and look around. All of Hoodie's stuff is gone. Did he move out? Why? Why didn't he tell me? Is he staying with Toby now? I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Jealousy? Nah it can't be. I look at the time. I'll try my best to make it up to him tomorrow. I went to bed and woke up the next morning.

After I got ready for the day I headed into the kitchen knowing that Hoodie should be there by now. I start trying to formulate some ideas on how to make it up to him on my way there. Today is the perfect day to do it. Toby's away on a mission and Slender didn't give me or Hoodie anything to do. Maybe I should go on a walk with him through the woods. He likes doing that or liked doing that at least. Then maybe....We could stop at a bar and I can buy him a few drinks. There was supposed to be some kind of grunge band playing at the bar tonight. Hoodie likes that kind of music...right? I think I heard him listening to Nirvana once. Jeez I really haven't been paying attention. I'm the worst friend ever. I take a seat at the kitchen table before burying my face in my hands feeling guilty. 

"M-masky are you o-ok?" Hoodie asked quietly in concern. "I'm fine," I mumble before looking up and asking, "Would you like to go for a walk after lunch today?" Hoodie looks at me surprised before asking, "I-is Kate c-coming?" "No it'll be just you and me," I assured him, "You should clear your schedule for the rest of the day." He looks at me curiously but seems too happy to care. "Alright," he says cheerfully. We both start eating breakfast and chatting with each other. To be honest, I really miss this. Just me and him talking as if we don't have a care in the world. I got up to put my dishes away and Hoodie followed suit. "Meet me on the porch after lunch," I reminded him, "I'll see you then." Hoodie nods and I leave to go talk to Kate. 

"Hey Kate, hun, Hoodie and I are going to hang out after lunch for the rest of the day," I informed her. "Can I come?" she asked. "I'm sorry hun but it's just me and Hoodie hanging out tonight," I explain. Kate gives me an angry look, "Why do you want to hang out with him all of a sudden?" I explained further to her confused about why she was getting so angry, "I haven't hung out with Hoodie for a long time." "Well I don't want you to go," she said crossing her arms. "Why not?" I asked starting to get mad at her. "Because you should be hanging out with your girlfriend," she glares at me. "I do hang out with you. So much in fact that I've almost completely ignored my best friend. The first friend I've ever had and the only one who would talk to me when I was a freshman in college. The one that helped me make even more friends," I rambled until Kate interrupted me. 

"You mean the one pleaded with you to join that stupid movie project Marble Hornets. The film where all your friends ended up dying because one of HIS friends was a psychopath! Don't you see what he's done to you!? He f***ed up your whole life because of that and now you're here!" I growled my anger slowly rising, "Don't you dare say that! He had no clue what would happen and it was my fault anyway! Slender was stalking me not them! If I didn't join in on the movie Alex wouldn't've turned into a psychopath at all! And don't you dare say it as if Hoodie didn't care! He cared a lot about his friends! When Seth went missing he was extremely upset and worried! Seth was like a brother to him! He was also betrayed by Alex or have you forgot about that!? He even blamed himself for months after that thinking that Jay's death was all his fault! He wouldn't even touch a single bit of his food! How dare you say it didn't effect him because it did!"

"WELL IF YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH WHY DON'T YOU GO OUT WITH HIM INSTEAD!?" she shouted at me getting more and more pissed off. Before I could even think about it I shouted back, "MAYBE I SHOULD! AT LEAST HE'S KINDER AND DOESN'T STOP ME FROM HANGING OUT WITH MY FRIENDS!" Her eyes widened and her glare turned sharp before she opened her mouth again, "WELL AT LEAST I'M NOT AN ATTENTION SEEKING WEAKLING LIKE HE IS! HE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE TO BE HERE! HE'S THE UGLY DUCKLING THAT NOBODY WANTS AND YOU KNOW IT!" She pauses slightly when there's a knock on the door followed by Hoodie's voice. "M-masky the w-weatherman says i-it's going to r-rain. Should w-we just stay inside today?" She smirks and continues a bit louder, "TOBY IS JUST USING HIM AS A REPLACEMENT FOR HIS DEAD SISTER AND SALLY JUST FEELS BAD FOR HIM! YOU'RE JUST TAKING HIM OUT FOR A WHILE BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT THE GUILT TO EAT AT YOU!" I hear a small whimper from the other side of the door followed by the thumping of shoes quickly traveling down the hallway. I turned to look at Kate again, "We're over." I walked out the door and didn't even pause as Kate shouted after me, "I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL SUTTON!"

A/N: Sorry for the extremely late and pretty short chapter. College stinks.