Chapter 5

Masky's P.O.V

I watch as Hoodie dabs at his eyes with the sleeve of his Hoodie. "Feel a little better?" I ask. "A l-little," he mumbled. "Enough to watch a movie with me? I planned for us to go for a walk but I guess I didn't check the weather. Sorry about that." Hoodie looks up at me, "It's o-ok. A movie d-does sound nice." I grin standing up reaching a hand out towards him. He takes it and I pull him to his feet. "God I have so much to apologize for," I bow my head guiltily. Hoodie gives my hand a squeeze and smiles softly, "A movie is a s-start. I'm n-not moving back though. N-not yet." I grimace, "I don't expect you too. We'll take things slowly." "Th-thanks." "No problem. Now come on let's see how badly they screwed up the Slenderman movie," I chuckle leading him down to the living room.

Ben, the little gremlin of a ghost, is trying his best to take up the whole couch while swearing at the nintendo in his hands, "I SWEAR to whatever god exists if this shiny breaks free from my LAST POKEBALL, I'm going to f*cking LOOSE IT!" I speak up, "Alright Ben, you're taking up the whole couch. Well most of it anyways." I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me because the next thing I hear is a groan and a, "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" He doesn't budge and keeps playing. "Why don't you just do your glitchy ghost thing?" I ask trying to defuse him. He groans again, "It's not the same. I want to feel like I earned it!" "Well you can earn it somewhere else. You don't need the TV to play a DS game," I say gesturing to Hoodie, "Hoodie and I are going to watch a movie." Ben looks up a bit surprised but sighs, "Fine." I watch as he gets up and heads upstairs.

I put the movie in while Hoodie gets comfortable on the couch. I grab the remote and plop down next to him before pressing play. We watch the movie together cracking jokes and poking fun at it. I missed this so much. I watch as Hoodie laughs so hard at one of my jokes he snorts. We look at each other and I crack an amused smile before we both start laughing. "This m-movie is terrible," Hoodie manages to say between laughs. "I know right? I don't know if I can look at boss the same after this." "S-same."

The movie ends soon after and I walk him to his and Toby's room. "That was fun," I say probably grinning like an idiot. Hoodie nods, "C-can we hang out again some time?" "Of course! This isn't a one and done thing. We can hang out whenever you want. I mean whenever we're not working." "What about K-kate?" he asked looking down nervously. I gently lift his chin up to look at me, "We broke up today. I realized that she was making the relationship toxic and I dumped her." "Sorry it ended u-up that way.How a-are you feeling?" I take a moment to gauge how I'm feeling before answering, "Honestly I feel a lot better now that she's gone." "That's good at l-least," Hoodie said leaning against the door.

Before either of us could react, the door opened and Toby yanked Hoodie inside before shutting the door again. I stood there in confusion before the door opened again. Toby slipped out of the room before shutting the door behind him again, "A-alright Masky what are your intentions with my friend?" "Nothing. I've been an ignorant jerk lately and I want to make it up to him. We were best friends and I want him back," I admitted. Toby looks me over with a glare before huffing out a, "F-fine. B-but if you hurt him I'll hunt you down. B-boss won't even be able to find your body." He makes the 'I'm watching you' gesture before slipping back into their room. I let out a breath I didn't know I've been holding before heading back to my room to get some sleep.