1

It was the summer of 2002 when the Lising family decided that it was best for them to leave the Philippines and move to a country with greater opportunities. Their business was failing, the number of people that they trusted were decreasing and the scorching heat the sun's radiating wasn't helping.

Decided that enough was enough, they booked a flight to Sydney, Australia and moved to a cosy little neighborhood where they start from scratch. Mr. Lising thought it was the right place for his family to stay and really, it was. Nature surrounded the area, neighbors were warm in welcome, his business was booming, it was perfect.

While Mr. Lising was busy with their family business, Mrs. Lising, on the other hand, went door to door to befriend neighbors. She, accompanied by her two children Harriet and Jarick, went to the house next to hers with home cooked food placed in a container for her to give. She knocked 3 times before the door was open.

"Oh you must be our new neighbors! Come in come in!", Mrs. Hemmings said in a cheery tone.

"Well, thank you. I'm Flor Lising by the way, and these are my children, Harriet whose 6 and Jarick whose 12. My husband is at work but he made this home cooked Filipino food to compensate" Mrs. Lising replied.

"I'm Liz, Liz Hemmings. My husband Andy is at work as well but my children are at the backyard and maybe Harriet and Jarick would like to go meet them while we chit-chat? My youngest, Luke, is also 6 years old."

"That's a great idea! You kids run along while Liz and I chat."

"Okay, mommy." Harriet replied while Jarick had ran off to go meet his soon to be friends. She quickly followed her brother to the Hemmings' backyard where they soon met face to face with 3 young boys with blonde hair. Harriet was not much of a talker so she let Jarick break the ice.

"Hey guys! I'm Jarick and I'm new here. I'm from the Philippines but we left because everything's fucked up there" Jarick said with a wide grin for he said a word that his parents forbid him to say yet he did anyway. Harriet rolled her eyes while the two older Hemmings smiled excitedly.

"Cool! You said the f word!! I'm Ben by the way and this is Jack. Come with us, we'll show you our room, your cool enough to enter it. We got loads of awesome stuff there!" The oldest blonde boy shouted.

"C-can I join you guys?" The youngest Hemmings asked.

"You're too young, Luke. It's for older and cooler boys only. Besides, you've got yourself a girlfriend" Ben smirked and pointed at Harriet.

Harriet furrowed her eyebrows while Luke blushed.

"She's not my girlfriend! Girls are gross."

"Whatever you say, dude. See you later, loser." Ben said. Then the three older boys ran to the house, leaving Harriet and Luke alone.

Harriet stared at Luke. She noticed Luke's piercing blue eyes and how it reminded her of the ocean. It was sending her to a state of intense happiness and excitement and she didn't know why. But after 2 minutes of awkward silence, Luke spoke.

"You're not my girlfriend. You're too ugly to be my girlfriend. My girlfriend is pretty and has a beautiful face. Your cheeks are too fat. I'm going to call you chipmunk. Hi chip! Hahaha!"

Tears stared to form on Harriet's eyes.

"Im not ugly! And I'm not a chipmunk! You're a bad boy Lucas! A very bad boy!" Harriet shouted while tears were streaming down her face.

"Hey! I'm not a bad boy! Ugh and don't call me Lucas. Stop crying. Fine, fine! You're not ugly! I'm sorry!" Luke said with a hint of sincerity in his voice.

"R-really..?"

"Uhh.. Yes. And I... Well.. Uh... also kinda think you're pretty. Just a bit."

"What?!"

"Nothing! Whatever Chip. Bye."
Luke ran to his house, leaving Harriet alone with her thoughts.

"What a weird boy."

(A/N)

Fetus Ben, Jack and Luke cos why not.