The Arrival

Zendikar was a plane full of beauty, wonder, and mana-rich lands. However, alien-like creatures who had been imprisoned for years would soon change the landscape to a barren wasteland. These creatures, known as Eldrazi, are some of the most dangerous beings in existence, rivaled only by the Slivers. This is where we begin our story, with the arrival of Gideon and Jace on the once peaceful plane of Zendikar. 

Upon arrival, Gideon realized instantly that he and Jace had just landed in the middle of trouble. The area known as Sea Gate that they were supposed to land in had been turned into an Eldrazi war zone. All around the two planeswalkers were smaller Eldrazi. Gideon explained to Jace that these were Eldrazi Spawn and Scions. The spawn and scions usually show up before the big guys appear. Though incapable of destruction themselves, the scions and spawn could do some damage. Gideon pulled out his sural, a gauntlet with multiple bladed whips attached to it, and began slashing. Jace began to summon illusions to distract the beings so he and the heiromancer could escape. 

 Gideon managed to hold the foul beasts back while Jace made an effective distraction

 Gideon managed to hold the foul beasts back while Jace made an effective distraction. After finishing off one more scion, the two walkers bolted. Like Sejiri and Bala Ged, Sea Gate had fallen just as Gideon and Jace arrived. After narrowly escaping Sea Gate, the walkers began heading northwest. After a few uneventful hours the two managed to find the Ally Encampment. The natives of Zendikar had banded together to fight the Eldrazi, thus naming themselves the Allies. 

The small encampment had been made at the base of a hedron, one of many similar structures used to imprison the Eldrazi years before

The small encampment had been made at the base of a hedron, one of many similar structures used to imprison the Eldrazi years before. Here, Jace and Gideon went to look for the captain of the encampment. They found Munda, the great warleader of the Allies. He was with Jori En, a merfolk who has an abundance of knowledge in the ways of Zendikar. After getting her attention, Jori En explained the past of Eldrazi and their existence on Zendikar. "The Eldrazi are an ancient race that are native to the Blind Eternities," she began. "Wait, does that mean..." Jace started. "Yes, that means they live in the space between planes." Jori En finished for Jace. "The Eldrazi don't have a physical form nor color alignment. They only know ceaseless hunger, devouring the mana of planes until the plane's ultimate destruction. They are foul beasts. Long ago, three planeswalkers much like yourselves imprisoned the three titans, Ulamog, Kozilek, and Emrakul on Zendikar." Jace again interupted, "Do you recall the names of those planeswalkers?" "Yes, I do," replied Jori En. "The three planeswalkers were Sorin Markov, a fearless vampire lord, Nahiri, a lithomancer of great acomplishments, and the Spirit Dragon, Ugin. They fought bravely, and with the help of Nahiri and the Hedrons, trapped the titans for aeons."

To the mind mage's amazement, Jori En knew the answers to his every question

To the mind mage's amazement, Jori En knew the answers to his every question. Without explanantion, Munda suddenly yelled from outside. "ELDRAZI ADVANCEMENT! ALL THOSE ABLE TO FIGHT, LET'S GO!" Jori En cautioned the walkers before they left. "Remember, every Eldrazi is simply an extension of the titans. Until the titans are defeated, the drones will just keep coming." And with the warning in mind, the walkers readied themselves for the worst. Little did they know they'd have a bit more help than originally anticipated.