Great Bowls of Water

The group was nearly to the sea when Jace felt uneasy. They could see the iconic ocean bowls floating just above the waves. The bowls had a never-ending source of water that constantly spilled out into the ocean. "Guys." Chandra's voice sounded shrill. "What is it?" Gideon asked,  noticing the tone change. "Well... you see... water isn't really something I do well. Pyromancers and water don't work together. Creates... you know... steam. I'ma just gonna hang back here." The group hadn't even reached the sand yet. "Watch your back then." Gideon commanded Chandra with a bit of annoyance. Jace decided to send the knight  a message. 'Hey, cut her a break. Pyro's aren't exactly water friendly. She even touches it, and either we explode or she dies.' Gideon gave Jace a look, and Jace heard Gideon's thoughts. 'I know this. Now do me a favor, and get out of my head.'  "Very well then." "What?" Nissa asked, with a hint of concern. "Nothing." Jace decided to scan the horizon. He saw a speck far out on one of the bowls. "There," he said, pointing. Out on the bowl was the merfolk planeswalker Kiora. She lept from the bowl into the depths before surfacing atop the tentacles of one of Zendikar's native leviathans. She began zooming toward the shore, apparently having spotted the group on the beach.

 She began zooming toward the shore, apparently having spotted the group on the beach

"Back up," Gideon exclaimed having seen the approaching wave. Kiora was moving fast, as was the tentacle she rode on. She had a blue skin tone, common among merfolk, and wore brown shell armor. Fins sprouted from her calves and forearms. She was what one thought of at the mention of a mermaid. "Who dares stand upon my shores?" The merfolk sounded like she was royalty. "Kiora, what are you doing?" Nissa asked. "Oh, Nissa. I didn't recognize you." Kiora changed her tone to a more playful one, much like Chandra's voice. "Ki, you can't just take that bident and say you're the queen of the sea." Nissa sounded angry. "You and I both know that Thassa would have your head for that." Kiora, astounded, began questioning Nissa. "How do you... where did you... what are you... Who told you what happened?" Jace interjected, "Jori En. She told us how you had gone to Theros to find sea monsters to defeat the Eldrazi. She is the reason we knew you were out here." "JORI!!! SHE'S ALIVE?!?!? OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! YOU'VE GOTTA TAKE ME TO SEE HER! I THOUGHT SHE WAS DEAD!" Kiora nearly knocked over Jace, jumping onto him at the mention of Jori. Chandra heard the commotion and headed toward the group, watching her step. However, she wasn't the only one who heard the outburst. The group would soon face a threat just trying to leave the beach. The sound of skittering soon invaded the shore, and the group was soon under siege.