Familiar Faces, Familiar Places

Deep in what remains of the forests of Bala Ged, Nissa Revane and members of the Joraga and Mul Daya tribes of elves search for any survivors of the recent attack that turned most of Bala Ged into wasteland. When the Eldrazi first started reappearing, tended to avoid the jungles of Bala Ged. The region was full of beasts and such, many of which are thought to be native to the Oran-Rief region of Tazeem. Hydras, elementals, beasts, wurms, and many other monstrosities lived in harmony within the jungle. But after the Eldrazi took Sejiri out, they targeted Bala Ged. The Joraga and Mul Daya tribes prepared for the worst, and shelters were setup throughout the hidden spaces of the jungle, but many inhabitants haven't been seen for some time. 

  Unbeknownst to the tribes of elves, Nissa had a personal mission: to find the Khalni Heart, a physical outgrowth of the Soul of Zendikar

  Unbeknownst to the tribes of elves, Nissa had a personal mission: to find the Khalni Heart, a physical outgrowth of the Soul of Zendikar. With it, she hopes to revive the land, as legend says the Khalni Heart only buds in time of dire need. "Nissa, over here!" Rolen, one of the head elves of the search team, had spotted an Eldrazi floating just above the canopy. Nissa found this odd. 'Why would an Eldrazi Skimmer be flying alone over an already destroyed area? To search for leftover mana? For things to kill? Searching for something? Wait, that last one is my objective.' Nissa laughed at her own thoughts, provoking a look from a few of the rangers. "Can we get a few of the Mul Daya boys above it?" Nissa knew that the Joraga were primarily on the forest floor, while the Mul Daya lived in the canopy. At Nissa's remark, a Mul Daya elf, Hagen Gilvan was already halfway up a tree. "I got it." he said, careful to not alert the Skimmer of the group's existence. He drew out his dagger, inlaid with the mysterious power of the Hedrons, and jumped. He then aimed straight for the monster's spine, and next thing Nissa knew, the Skimmer was at her feet. 

The gargantuan thing's wings allowed for it to float silently, leading to a stealthy attack from the skies if need be

The gargantuan thing's wings allowed for it to float silently, leading to a stealthy attack from the skies if need be. Nissa thought about how hard it would be to actually miss this thing floating above an area. That aside, she knew the Khalni Heart was close. She could feel it. All planeswalkers can feel changes in the environment due to changes in mana levels. She told the search party to set up camp, and that she was going to take a walk. "Want some accompaniment?" Rolen. Nissa shrugged him off and told him she could handle herself. Rolen took no offense to this and went to grab some food. Nissa wandered for a time before recognizing the surroundings. Even though it was evening, and the canopy cover was excessive, the light was excetionally brighter in this clearing. And there in the middle of the clearing was the Khalni Heart. 

  It was huge, bigger than the Skimmer the group had just killed

  It was huge, bigger than the Skimmer the group had just killed. She headed for it's stem, but was stopped just before she reached it by a chilling voice. "Hey Nissa, baby!" Nissa turned around, instantly recognizing the stranger's voice. "Well if it isn't my old pal Ob."