Jake - Chapter 25

*******

I arrived at school , knowing I will be all alone for the rest of the day or i don't know for how long. It's not the most wonderful day to be cheerful. But, I know Daniel can't stand me being by myself all day because he can't stand it himself. I'm pretty sure of it. But why is it not the usual days when we have a fight? We fight over little stuff, but this, this is a big one and I wasn't prepared to handle it. I don't know how long will this last and I hope both of us can end it soon.

"Hey!" Someone hold on to my shoulder and slowly turned me around. "You're Jake right?" I looked at the boy and he seems to know me much. Of course, who would not know me or Daniel anyways? "Uhm, yeah. Anything I could help you with?"

"Maybe I'm the one who could help you right now. Let me show you something but not here." He drags me inside the toilet. "Look, I'm sorry if I have to be this secretive. I don't want to make things wilder that a forest fire. By the way, I'm Liam."

"Yeah, hi. And what was that you wanted to show me?" He pulled his phone out and showed me a picture. "No. It can't be. is this some sort of a joke? Where and when did you get this?" Something inside me snapped and burst into flames. I hit the mirror as hard as I could. "Easy. Let me explain first."

"Just get over it and better not lie to me. I don't want anyone ruining our relationship."

"I just got this earlier this morning, near the bus stop. I was on my way to school while riding in the bus and well, I uh-" I stopped him before he could continue. "Why show me this? Are you just one of those who want to ruin us?"

"Oh no.  I have no intention of ruining both of you. I just wanted to get him from Kean."

"Doesn't make sense to me. You're telling me that Daniel is cheating on me?"

"Yes and they've been doing that since last week."

I shrugged and hit the mirror again with my other hand. Now both are in pain.

I felt my heart break into pieces, the pain that rushes in my hands and my eyes are filled with tears. I can't believe it. Daniel.

"I'm sorry Jake. I thou--"

"Just get out of here before I could do something bad." And he left the room.

I grabbed my phone out and texted Daniel.

"I guess I know now why you're not yourself today."

*******

"Jake? Are you alright?" Jeff pat my shoulder. I startled a bit. I turned around and saw Zoey hanging on his shoulders. "Where's Daniel? I thought you're together this morning?" Zoey on her usual cheerful face. I continued to look down on the desk. "You have a fight, did you not? It's going to be fine. We all know Daniel and,..."

"Jeff, what would you do if you found out Zoey is cheating on you?" They both sat down and seem shocked about what I said. "What do you mean by that Jake? You know how much Daniel loves you and he wouldn't do that to you, even though how many times you've done that to him." Zoey holds my hand and gave me a tight grip. Yes, I have cheated on Dan a couple of times already. But this is different.

"You must have known any of this, Zoe. You're with Dan for the whole week and I know you two stay close together."

"Jake, don't get me wrong alright. Don't get mad at me. Yes I know a bit of it but he's not cheating on you."

"Who is it? Kean?"

Her eyes grew bigger. I can see her body tremble in fear. Jeff grabbed Zoey with both hands on her shoulders. "Zoey, please be honest with us. DO you have any idea about this?" I can see tears roll down her cheeks. Jeff kissed her on her forehead. "It's going to be alright babe, just tell Jake what you know." Zoey looked at her boyfriend with eyes filled with so much sadness. "To be honest, I only know a little about it."

"This is useless. I'm leaving. You know where to find me." Leaving both of them in the classroom, I went straight to the club room. This isn't happening. How could Daniel do this to me? Did i hurt him so much that he decided to do this?

Moments later, someone crashed into the room. "Jake! We need to talk. Oh no! What happened to your hands?" Dan arrived in the room, soaking wet.

"No need to talk Dan. You got your wish. Don't worry about my hands. Let's just stay away from each other for a moment alright? You need it. I need it. "

"It's not what you think Jake. And how can you say that I can't worry about it?" He gets his med kit from his bag and starts treating my wounds. "Why haven't you went to the clinic and have it treated?"

"It doesn't matter whether I went to the clinic or not." He holds my hands tightly as soon as he felt I'm trying to pull them away. "Dan, who is Kean?" He stopped as soon as I mentioned the name. "Jake, I-uh.."

"Dan, how could you do this to me? How could you cheat on me?" He dropped his kit on the floor. His shoulders started to shake and I can hear him sob. "Jake, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry Dan. I guess we really need some time out."