Chapter 1

X O X O

G R A C I E

2 YEARS LATER

I jumped up awake from another one of my horrific nightmares that play through my head nearly every night.I looked around me to find that I was still in my cosy little bedroom and not in the damm car ride.2 years.Its been 2 whole years since the crash and I still get the nightmares, it's not like their just tiny little nightmares where I see the car coming towards us. There so severe I almost feel as if I'm reliving that night everytime I go to sleep, I can still hear the tiress of our car screeching, ringing through my ears. I can still remember my mothers shrilling scream that is now imprinted in my mind, and I can still smell and taste the smoke that filled the air that night.I still wonder how I was the only one to survive the crash and my parents didn't,I mean if I was able to surive surely they should have to?

I sat up in bed and looked around my room laying on my low,but cosy bed with the sheets thrown here,there and everywhere.I feel like I thrash around in my nightmares and these sheets just prove that.I also scream when they happen so I'm surprised Louis didn't hear or come rushing in.Ever since the crash me and louis have been a lot closer,he's always there when these things happen and I'm so glad I've still got him here,if not I'd have no idea where I'd be.

I walked over to open my cream silk curtains to let the sun dance it's way into my room.I opened my patio doors and took in a deep breathe,letting the crisp fresh air invade my lungs.Looking out over my patio I could see the smoke rising into the air,must be the friction from the tires on the race track. When Louis bought this house we were both more than pleased that it came with a reasonbly sized garage just like our old house, and a racetrack. I feel like Louis bought this place to give me some sense of comfort, as when mum and dad died we moved house because we were surrounded in memories of them both and it was just too hard. I guess when Louis seen that this house had a garage he thought that it would remind me somewhat of our family home, and I'm glad he did because when we moved I acted as if I was fine but I think we both knew that I was barely holding on.Louis bought this place with the money dad left him,he would never tell me how much it was just that it was enough.This place is huge for just the two of us, and it felt really empty when we first moved in and I know Louis is down after all that's happened, but he's still an idiot and jokes around with me sometimes but he's now got this hard demeanor that nobody can really get past.What hurts the most is he never tells me anything, if somethings on his mind he will always call his best mate over,Zayn Malik.I love Zayn like another brother he's always been here throughout all of this for both me and Louis.I just wish Louis would stop hiding so many things from me, he's always there when I need him and all I want is to be there for him in return.

I tried to push back all of these thoughts out my mind as I walked over to my walk in wardrobe, to find something to wear to school.I didn't mind my timetable today,it was mostly taken up by Chemistry my absolute favourite subject. I mean who doesn't want to learn how to make a bomb that could blow up most of the the country in less than 10 minutes! I've had A* in all of my exams including Chemistry so far this year, making me top of the class.I guess the great part about not having many friends is that it gives you a lot of time to study. I'm not to sure what I want to do later on in life I mean I also took my other favourite subject,Mechanics, so if all goes wrong I can always work in the garage or on race track with Louis and Zayn.

I decided to just throw on my ripped denim skinny jeans and a grey/bluey coloured cotton top as I really couldn't be arsed to look all dressed up just for school. I also had my blue pendant necklace with gold detail on, I have worn it ever since I can remember. I threw my River Island bag over my shoulder with all the stuff I would need in it for the day.Before going down stairs to make breakfast I quickly added a light amount of make up to my face and threw on my white converse.