Chapter I

Chapter I
They traveled from their family mansion, well hidden in a forest, into the capital of UK, London.

  "... Seriously, the vampires are being annoying now. Have you noticed their growth lately?" Knight's deep voice complained.

  "It's our job to kill magical beasts, " Phoenix's wind chime-like voice replied.

  They drove on a black motorcycle, the family crest shining on the sides, accompanied by three white stripes. All in all, its not a flashy one, but still handsome.

  "Aye aye. You know, I'm starting to miss Xavier now."

  Their eyes, once crimson, now turned into their normal shade of stormy grey.

  Phoenix blushed. "Xa... Xavier? Why so sudden?" She stuttered.

  A ghost of a smile flickered on Knight's face. "Nothing. I just miss him. He's our friend after all."

  "Was..." Phoenix sighed, "he never came to see us in ten years..."

  Knight skidded to a stop. "Here we are, in London, again, for the fifth time in three months. Man, they are so associated with London now, it's like they were born here."

  "According to Webster, the vampire's near Westminster Palace."

"Copy."

  After fifteen minutes, they arrived at the Big Ben. As usual, there were tourists around, taking selfies and snapping pictures of their children. Quiet as a cat, they went across the crowd went to the back which has less people. Minutes later, Phoenix found a man in a coat holding a woman in his arms with blood on his lips. Phoenix signaled Knight to go to the other way. 

  Maybe it was its sharp hearing, the vampire somehow spotted Phoenix. Its bared fangs loosened down when it saw her, dumbstruck. As it closed on to Phoenix, Knight is already at the back of the alley, following the vampire. Once it is in weapon range, Phoenix pulled out a 12 inch long silver dagger from her thigh stealth. Realizing the danger, the vampire growled and turned away to escape, only to find Knight with his obsidian-like blade out. The vampire knew it had no escape, its best bet was to fight to survive-- 'flight' was just impossible now. 

  Underestimating Phoenix for that she was feminine, it ran to her, its claws out and the sharp fangs awaiting. Her grey eyes once again turned into carmine, the bloodlust visible in her eyes. From her coat, she took her pistol, shooting silver bullets, searing the wind coat on the vampire. It screeched, the silver slowing down its regeneration speed greatly. The silver dagger also struck true in its shoulder blades, again raising smoke. From pain, it changed directions, charging at Knight. Smiling, his burgundy eyes didn't only show bloodlust, but also some hatred burning in it.

  He slashed, the steel not hurting the vampire, but still knocking it back. He then smoothly pulled out the silver blade. The dual wielder sliced the swords with grace, fighting with grace. Seconds later Phoenix joined in, slashing her daggers and occasionally throwing daggers. The trapped vampire had wounds covered over its body.

  Knight's sword stabbed it in the stomach, hurting it deeply. As a last strike, Phoenix pulled out her hunting rifle. The bullet struck its heart, killing it instantly. Knight touched his scar, muttering something ineligible.