Chapter 30 ~ PCY Guitar Pick (Chanyeol's POV)

After dropping off Liliana at her house handing her the food that was left over from our dinner date, I go back to the park, first to replay the joyous moments of Liliana coming back to me. Then I remember that (Y/N) and I are supposed to meet here today. Oh My Gosh. I totally forgot! Was she here earlier? What if she saw Liliana? What if? Wait-Why does it bother me? I used her? I'm not supposed to have feelings for her.

I go to "our" bench just to make sure she was waiting there. But I didn't see her. Maybe she went to the oak tree?

I jog over to the tree, hoping to find her maybe sleeping so I could let her rest her head on my shoulder until she wakes up. But she's not there.

Although something catches my eye. A piece of paper with something resting on top of the paper.

I wonder what it is. I go over to the base of the tree and pick up the piece of paper along with the object on top of the paper.

I inspect the object. It looks vaguely familiar. Is this- my guitar pick that I lost in the beginning of summer? I examined it. The back coating with the golden letters "PCY" engraved on it.

PCY. PCY. This guitar pick was my favorite one.

~ FLASHBACK~

"Appa (Dad) Teach me how to play the guitar!! I want to be a good guitarist like you!! Eomma (Mom) told me that you sang her a song and then you got married!!" Seven year old Chanyeol says holding a much big guitar in his arms.

"Yes, Chanyeollie. I played the guitar and sang a song while I proposed to her. Then we did get married. But I think it's because of a special magic item that I used. My dad gave it to me when I was beginning playing the guitar. He told me to use it for special occasions to bring me good luck," he told me as he pulled out the "magical" guitar pick with the golden letters "PCY" engraved on the beautiful black surface of the guitar pick.

"PCY!! That's MY name!!! "P" for Park "C" for Chan and" Y" for Yeol!!!! Park ChanYeol!!!" I exclaimed with a wide smile, proud of making the connection.

"Yes, since you are our first born, we wanted to name you something special so we named you after the acronym PCY. PCY means "Part that Completes You" You are the part that completes us. I will give this to you, but this is not just any guitar pick. It has special powers. See, I used this guitar pick one day and while I was playing, I finished the song and then looked up. I saw a beautiful lady standing right in front of me. And that lady was your mom. But you see, I used this guitar pick while playing to impress someone else before I saw your mom. But the girl didn't like me back. This guitar pick will lead you to someone who really does love and care for you, but you can't use this to impress some girl you like. You will find the one you are meant to be with when you just play for everyone to hear, not just to impress one person. If you're just playing your guitar in the park or in front of a mall for example, you might just find the one you are meant to be with one day. You will find the part that completes you. Don't ever let go of the girl that this guitar pick will lead you to. Promise?" He explains and holds out his pinkie for a pinkie promise which I intertwined my own pinkie and said, "I promise."

~FLASHBACK ENDED~

I broke that promise, didn't I? Mianhae Appa. (I'm sorry dad.)

Tears formed in my eyes as I read what (Y/N) wrote to me. She saw me and Liliana. I was so selfish. I really thought that Liliana was the one. I thought... Where is she going though? It's already morning. Did she leave last night? Right after she saw Liliana? Should I go after her? Will it even be worth it? She doesn't care about me anymore. She probably hates me now. She didn't have to be the victim of my selfish needs. She already went through so much heartbreak. What will I do in this situation?

"Don't ever let go of the girl that this guitar pick will lead you to. Promise?" Dad's words echo in my head.

I have to go after her. Liliana will move onto another guy anyways. I think as I slip the guitar pick into my back pocket.

~~~~~~~AHHHHHHHH CHANYEOLLLLL

~~~~~~~
AHHHHHHHH CHANYEOLLLLL

QOTC: So far, has this story given you the feels?

AOTC: For me, writing this gave me feels... so I kinda hope it gave you feels too.

Votes and comments are highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading!!
(The end is soo close)

~ Anju