The beginning... Of the end

Violet looked as her pups played. They were so energetic, she almost couldnt believe it. They ran all day, but still werent tired. They were begging the other wolves in camp to play with them. And sometimes they would, then they would chase the wolf or play attack him. But now it was time for their nap. "Come dears!" She looked as their pups raced towards her. "What momy?" "Time for your nap." "But... we are not tired..." They whined. "Trust me... You are, look at Fern! She almost falls over, now come." She led the pups towards her nest and laid down. curling around them to keep them warm and safe.

Violet heard someone coming, she opened her eyes. It was Desert, she could smell him, but something was wrong... He was angry, verry angry. Violet sat up, her pups woke up beside her and started whining. Desert came in and looked at them, then he looked at her. His eyes were blazing like fire. "Who is their father?" He looked into her eyes. "Tell me!" She looked at him. "Why?" He closed his eyes to slits. "Becouse we have reasons to believe it was a Mountainpack wolf." Violet looked him right in the eyes, she couldnt say anything. She remembered the moment with him. They loved each other... But she knew it couldnt go on, becouse their packs were rivals. Tho soon after they said goodbye she found out she was expecting pups. She hadn't even told him... 

"Thats what i thought... Traitor!" He growled. "Come out of your den, right now!" Other wolves started to fill the clearing, looking at what was happening. Storm came out of his den and walked towards her, but Desert stoped him. Desert jumped into the tree that was at the edge of the clearing. He snarled. "Violet is a traitor! Those pups," he pointed with his tail at her pups. "Their father is a mountainpack member!" The wolves looked shocked. Violet looked down at her paws. She was wondering what would happen next...

Desert jumped down. "These pups dont deserve to live..." He flicked his tail and two wolves jumped foreward and hold Violet down. "This is all your own fault." Desert spit in her face. "Now watch your pups die becouse of your mistake..." "Nooo!" Storm jumped foreward and blocked Desert, the alpha male. "Dont you dare touch those pups..." Desert looked shocked. But he stood his ground. "Storm... I never expected this from you... Why?" "Every creature deserves to live..." Desert looked at him. "And that is where you are wrong...." Two other wolves jumped foreward and hold Storm down. He growled but couldn't do anything.

"No please... No!" Violet watched Desert walking towards her pups, they were terified. "Kill me! Leave them alone!" Violet tried to break free, but was unable to. She looked as Desert came closer and closer to her pups. "Look, and remember... This is all your foult..." Desert killed the pups. Storm and Violet could only watch. The other wolves did nothing to help. They just stood and watched too. The pups didnt stand a chance. Their screams filled the sky, until it was silent again... Desert stood before her, covered in blood. "What have you done!" Violet shrieked. Desert looked at her. "No,  what have YOU done." Violet looked at him but stayed silent. "Let them go." The wolves let Storm and Violet go. "Go," Desert growled. "And make sure you never come back..."

Storm and Violet dashed out of the camp. They stoped onto a hill. Violet looked at Storm. "So what are we doing now?" Storm looked at her, his blue eyes dark. "They made one mistake... They let us live."