Welcome back

Chapter two- welcome back

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update. To be honest I didn't think anybody was reading it because I hadn't had many reviews. But somebody asked me when I was going to update next and I couldn't say no! So here goes, please enjoy and review! They really motivate me!

Two weeks later- 15th September

Jo and Alex walk hand and hand into the doors of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. Today was the couples first day back after a two honeymoon to Australia. They visited the Great Barrier Reef up in North Queensland.

"Good morning love birds," Callie grins as she sees the couple.

"Shut up," Alex replies.

"Alex," Jo shuns.

"I'm sorry Callie," he replies.

"He's just angry that we couldn't stay away fro an extra week. He's kicking himself he only applied for two weeks leave," Jo says.

"Well I've heard Australia is beautiful," Callie says.

"Oh Callie, it's like nothing you've ever seen. I'm pretty sure the Great Barrier Reef is what heaven looks like," Alex says.

"Ah, welcome back," Owen says as he approaches the conversation.

"Good morning," Jo smiles.

"Because I'm nice, I put you on Karev's service this week. Consider it like an extended honeymoon," Owen says.

"Thank you Owen," Jo says.

"It will be great to work with my wife," Alex smiles and they kiss.

"Indeed," Jo smiles. "Now, I must go and see Stephanie before she thinks I forgot about her," Jo smiles. She walks down to the resident lounge.

The girls hug. "How was the honeymoon?" Steph asks.

"Amazing!" Jo says.

"Oh god, please tell me you did more then just lie in bed," Steph remarks.

"Of course, but that was a highlight," Jo grins.

"Did you take in the sights of Australia?" She asks.

"And then some! Oh my gosh, Steph, it was magical. Alex is kicking himself that he didn't ask for three weeks off. I had to force him onto the plane," Jo says.

"So when are you guys going to start to pump out babies?" Steph asks.

"Excuse me?" Jo asks.

"Well isn't that what people do when they get married? They have babies and get a house with a white picket fence?" Steph asks, "maybe that's why I'm still single," she says coming to a realisation.

"Well, we are 100% having children, we're just not planning on having any until my residency and fellowship is over. I want to be in a place where I want to be the kind of mum that I want to be. I want to be able to give myself fully to my baby and to my family and make that my number one," Jo says.

"Sounds reasonable to me," Steph replies. "What about the house? Do you see one with a white picket fence in your near future?" She asks.

"We are house hunting. We feel it's a good idea to sell the loft. It's all renovated so we'll get good money for it," Jo replies. "We want to put down routes and a good way to do that is to buy a house," she adds.

"How many rooms?" Steph asks.

"Why?" Jo asks curiously.

"I want to know how many baby evil spawns will be running around," she giggles.

"Firstly, my children are not going to be evil because they're part me," she says before getting cut off.

"May I remind you that you've put a guy in the hospital. And just because he's the only one I know about doesn't mean he's the only one," Steph says.

"Well obviously I'm not going to give my child that gene," Jo replies.

"Um, I don't think you can pick what genes you give to your baby," Steph says.

"What!? Are you pregnant Wilson? Did Karev knock you up on your honeymoon?" Bailey asks walking into the room.

"No, no!" Jo says, "we were just saying how I wouldn't give my hypothetical child any genes that would enable them to put a guy in hospital," Jo says.

"Where is Ross?" She asks.

"Don't know," Jo replies. Bailey walks out of the room. "So how many bedrooms Jo?" Steph asks.

"Um, five. We want four children," Jo says.

"Ah, well you're body is never going to look the same. That's a huge sacrifice," Steph replies.

"Well yeah, wouldn't you do the same in order to bring a life into the world. The one thing I've always wanted was to have blood family. And these children are going to be the only blood relatives I know," Jo adds. "I want to give my children a big and happy family. That's the one thing I was denied my whole childhood and my chance to get that is by having a family of my own," she smiles.

"I think it's honourable," Steph replies.

"Why thank you," Jo smiles.

"And a big big job. Aren't you scared about have four little lives in your hands. To be the only people in the world that are responsible for making sure that they don't mess up and that they turn into good self respecting citizens," she says.

"Steph, stop freaking out. They're not going to be your kids," Jo says.

"You can kiss goodbye to sleep ins," Steph replies.

"We're residents working non stop, we don't sleep in anyways," Jo replies.

"Okay, you have a very fair point there," she laughs. Who's service are you on? I'm with Meredith," Steph asks.

"I'm with Alex," Jo says.

"I see Owen is treating you with some post honeymoon niceness," Steph says.

"Yeah," Jo replies.

"Anyway, I better go before I'm later," Steph says. She heads out of the room. Jo was excited to be back at work, but she did miss her honeymoon. Australia was such a lovely place and the couple were certainly going to go back and visit.

Jo walks out of the room and heads to the Peads floor. She he loved her time in Peads, not just because of Alex, but she found it the most rewarding speciality. She loved seeing the little kids and making them happy. To her there was nothing better then making the kids happy again.

"Welcome back," Arizona says to Jo as she walks by Jo.

"It's good to see you," Jo smiles.

Jo continues to head down to the NICU where Alex was waiting for her.