Chapter 16

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fairy Tail universe or characters so make no money off this story. I own Original characters I toss into the mix to promote chaos for cannon characters.

CHAPTER 16

Fury did not begin to cover Loke's emotions as he stormed out of Fairy Tail's infirmary after being blocked by the traitorous Fairies. Gripping the Spirit King's Royal Scepter, Loke focused on finding Makarov and Vraylinish as fast as possible. Without the pair coercing the damned arrogant wretches into standing down, Loke knew saving Lucy would be next to impossible. Strong as Loke was, he dared not waste a drop of his magic before breaking the defense spell Aquarius had cast on Lucy during the Tartarus fight. Stopping near the upper level tables and sweeping his eyes over the crowd, Loke bellowed when Makarov's face was not found. "Does anyone know where Master is? I need to talk to him immediately."

"Hey, Loke, what's with the fancy staff in your hand?" Macao asked as the older man's eyes landed on the sceptor.

"I don't have time to explain. I need to know where Master Makarov is." Loke snapped at the older guild member.

Cana intervened. "We saw him follow you into the infirmary, but far as I know Master hasn't left there."

"I just came out of the infirmary. Makarov isn't there any longer" Loke vented as his hand swept through his hair.

"The King left a little while ago giving the Rune Knights a bunch of orders as he left. I think he took Sabertooth's members with him when he walked out so maybe Master's with him." Max explained.

"Did anyone see Master Makarov with His Majesty when they left?"

"Not that I noticed. So, what's going on, Loke? The way the King was acting has us all worried about what's happening to Lucy, Natsu, and Laxus." Alzack jumped into the conversation.

"I don't have time to chit chat! I need to find Master Makarov before Princess gets drained beyond saving! I need to find him and the Sacred Saint like yesterday, people. She's running out of time and the Fairies are way too arrogant for Princess' good!" Loke lost his temper and exploded at everyone present.

"Whoa, calm down, Loke. We'll help you find the Master." Alzack responded with his hands up in a defensive, yet peaceful position.

Cana, Macao, Alzack, Max, and Bisca all got out of their seats and split up to look throughout the guild. Loke headed to the office but found Makarov was not in his chair. The room was empty of human life. Only the large stacks of folders and papers covering the massive desk that comprised the Guild's daily paperwork lingered in the silent room. Quickly closing the door, Loke headed back down the hallway toward the main use guild rooms. Checking every closed door along the route, Loke realized that Makarov was not in any of them, not even the Guild's bathroom. Frustration ate at Loke because he needed to get things done, and the Fairies were not going to let him do anything unless Vraylinish forced them to obey.

Aquarius had indeed hidden things about her gate being destroyed. It took the Celestial Spirit King's presence to get the full truth of what had transpired that day out of the surly mermaid. Loke knew that the Celestial Spirit King was already furious over the Fairies meddling with his bloodline. Getting the truth out of Aquarius had only increased their King's wrath to the point that the Celestial Spirit Realm was shuddering under the weight of his power discharges. Some spirits were arguing that as no one had known about the fail safe magic added after they were trapped in the Celestial Realm, Aquarius could not be faulted for trying to save her beloved Lucy from damage during the fight with Zeref's demons. Although everyone agreed the laws should have been upheld, they still felt the rare proof of real love should be taken into account when dispensing justice because of the circumstances.