Chapter 2

" Pleasure," Liam nodded.  His eyes flicked over the two men, taking them in.

Dean was the older brother he could tell, albeit the shorter of the two.  Of course this was relative because both the brothers were taller than Liam.  Dean's hair was brown and cut short.  His face had definitive features, set off by  pair of striking green eyes.  It only took a glance to tell Liam the hardships those eyes must have seen before this meeting.  Sam was the taller of the two, and his darker brown hair hung to his chin much like Liam's, although Liam's hair was darker even than this.  Both of the brothers certainly shared solid frames and strong shoulders, and clothing choices apparently.  Their jeans, sturdy boots, flannel shirts, and well-loved jackets were a style all to their own.  It was far different from Liam's grey Abacrombie&Fitch T-shirt, cargo shorts, and sneakers, anyway.

" What were you doing here?   I mean, this place doesn't exactly scream 'friendly'," Dean said.

" Ehm..." Liam laughed tiredly.  " Bit of strange story, but I didn't have a car and I was walking to the town down the road when night fell, so I ducked in here.  Didn't realized it was occupied."

" And those two?"  Sam gestured to the bodies of the two teens by the opposite wall.

Liam grimaced.  " They showed up about half-an-hour after me.  That's when the those three came," he said, referring to the ghosts.  " Poor fools."

Dean nodded solemnly, glancing at the bodies.  He was all too familiar of the costs these kinds of jobs came at.  " Yeah, it happens," he said.

There was a heavy silence as the three stared at the dead teens.  Finally, Liam spoke up.

" What d'we do?  With them, I mean."

" We leave 'em here.  Once we're back in town we can report it to the police.  They'll pick 'em up tomorrow," Dean answered simply.

" Right," Liam said.  " Would you two mind giving me a ride to town?  Don't really fancy walking all the way.   And I assume you didn't walk here."

Dean looked sideways at Sam, who shrugged.  " Yeah, sure," Dean replied with a half-smile. " You helped us out, we'll help you."

Liam grinned back.   " Thanks, then."

Dean led the three out the main doors of the motel lobby, then around to the back of the building where the two brothers had pulled up.  Dean's '67 Chevy Impala was the lone car there, shining black in the night.  Sam tossed his gun to Dean then rounded the front of the vehicle to the passenger side and got in.  Dean unlocked the trunk, took out a backpack, then pulled up the floor of the trunk to replace the shotguns.  Liam caught a glimpse of a whole arsenal of weapons and...things underneath, with talismans and charms dangling off the underside.  He showed no sign of having seen it however, and got in the back seat behind the driver.  Dean put the bags back in the car, closed and locked the trunk, then got in behind the wheel.

" Man, I cannot wait to see a bed after this," he said as he started the car.

" Yeah, I hear you.   This was a long case," his brother agreed.

" So you guys do this pretty regularly, then?" Liam asked as the car purred out onto the road.  "The whole 'hunting ghosts' thing."

" Unfortunately," Dean replied.  " Kind of our job to kill dead things.   I'm still wondering why you aren't freaking out about all that."  He glanced in the rear-view mirror at Liam.

" Yeah," Sam seconded.  " Normally we have to play shrink as well as saving the people."

Liam smirked.  " I guess I just don't scare easy. I've seen my share of strange stuff."