Chapter One: Nightmares

' No!' Tsuna whispered as silent tears were streaming down his cheeks. The brunette opened his eyes only to see the ceiling of his room. It took some minutes until the boy had calmed down and sat up. 'It was just a nightmare. Just a dream.' he said to himself. Yeah, it was just a dream, but the same as yesterday and the day before yesterday, the same for two weeks now. But to the brunette it seemed so realistic and every morning his head was pounding painfully. Tsuna sighed. He hoped that his nightmares would stop but his hyper intuition told him otherwise.

'Tsu-kun, you have to stand up now. We don't want you late for school, don't we?' Nana said smiling as she opened the door of his tidy room. She smiled when she saw how clean his room was since Reborn was tutoring her son. Tsuna had changed, but she was glad because her Tsu-kun had found really good friends. Nana wasn't as naive as others thought. When her son came home everyday new bruises on his body she knew exactly that it wasn't only his clumsiness but also his bullies at school. It just made her even more happy that Tsuna found the protective Gokudera-kun, the always smiling Yamamoto-kun, and all the other friends her son had gained.

'I'm already up, mom. I'm coming down in ten minutes.' Nana returned to reality hearing Tsuna's answer. She saw the boy smiling at her, even though it seemed a little bit strained. She knew of her boys nightmares. Sometimes the caring mother heard him crying at night, but because he always acted as if nothing was wrong, she overplayed her worry to be there for him when he needed his mother. She wondered when Reborn would come back. The little tortu... tutor went to Italy to report to Nono about what happened when the arcobaleno curse was lifted. Tsuna had some really peaceful mornings without being awoken by a green 10t- hammer, even though he was now able to avoid it thanks to his hyper intuition that wakes him up just a moment before the hammer can hit him.

'Are you alright, Tsu-kun? ' the women still standing at the door asked. The brunette shook his head lightly to remove all unwanted thoughts and smiled at his mother. 'You seem tired. Do you want something special for breakfast?' Nana commented worriedly and Tsuna thought a short moment about it.

Tsuna wasn't really hungry nor did he have appetite but that would made his mom worry even more, so the brunette answered: 'Could you please make some hot chocolate for me?'

Nana smiled at her son. 'Sure Tsu-kun. Furthermore I want to bake a cake this afternoon, so I wanted to ask you if you would like a specific flavor. '

Suddenly the teen jumped out of his bed nearly tripping over the blanket that still covered his feet. 'Strawberry!' he yelled happily and Nana laughed at the boys reaction. 'Thought so!' she said laughing, glad that she could lift her sons mood so easily. Tsuna blushed a little and rubbed the back of his head embarrassed. But seriously, for the brunette there wasn't anything better than strawberry cake, even more the one made by his mom.
Nana smiled one last time at her son and then left to prepare his hot chocolate and the breakfast for the kids in the house.

Tsuna saw his mom leaving and as soon as the door was closed his smile faltered. Tsuna went into the small bath and afterwards he put on his school uniform. The teen sighed, going to school meant seeing his friends, meant remembering his dream. He kinda accepted being a mafia boss to protect his friends, but he also blamed himself that he was the reason his friends couldn't live a normal life. He puts his friends in danger, and to be honest the brunette would prefer a life without his friends, only to secure his friends lives.
Tsuna sighed again. Then he slapped his cheeks lightly and looked into the mirror. He couldn't really describe what he saw. A boy with gloomy eyes and a fearful yet sad expression on his face.

'Time to get down.' Tsuna whispered to himself, for him it was a warning to put on a smiling mask and to not worry his friends. He closed the door and went down the stairs. He could already hear his mother giggling and playing with Ipin and Lambo. He stopped on the last stair and breathed in deeply before stepping down the last stair going to the kitchen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued
So ...this is my new fanfiction ;)
I don't own khr and also the pictures
I hope my English isn't too bad... please tell me my mistakes so I can correct them. I hole you enjoyed the story. I want to continue as soon as possible. :)

~Raiu-chan