Chapter two: Worried friends

After drinking the hot chocolate his mum made, Tsuna went upstairs again, grabbing his schoolbag and going downstairs. Then Tsuna sighed. He was so tired, but he knew as soon as he would close his eyes he would see those terrible scenes and pictures. Maintaining his fake smile was now even more difficult due to his sleepiness. And during periods, especially when Nezu-sensei was picking on him it was nearly impossible for him.

'I'm going, okaa-san!' Tsuna yelled before opening the door. He heard the faint answer of his mum 'Have a good day, Tsu-kun!' and stepped outside. His friends were already waiting for him.

Hayato was bowing politely and Takeshi was smiling at the brunette. He was greeted by
'Yo Tsuna!'
'Ohayo gozaimasu, Jyuudaime!'
and Tsuna's smile crumbled a bit.

'Ohayo, Hayato, Takeshi!' Tsuna answered his fake smile active again.
Thoughts like
"Just why didn't Hayato call him by his first name too ? Did Hayato just care about him as a mafia boss rather than a friend?"
disturbed the brunette's mind.

Tsuna already called all his friends by their first names and they did the same.
Although there seemed to exist some ridiculous nicknames for him like 'Omnivore-Tsuna' or 'Tsuna-Bunny'. And Chrome was always blushing due to her shyness making it an awkward situation and this ended in him blushing too.

'You there?' Takeshi interrupted Tsuna's thinking bringing the brunette back to reality. Tsuna laughed nervously looking at the ground not noticing the worried looks his friends were sending him.

'Are you ok? You look really tired.' Takeshi asked sizing the dark bags under the boys eyes critically.

'I'm ok. Don't worry, minna. I just wanted to do the maths homework yesterday. But at first I wasn't able to solve it ... and when I finally finished the tasks it was already morning...' Tsuna lied his way out laughing awkwardly. He felt already bad for this white lie.

'Ahahaha' Yamamoto laughed nervously 'we had homework?' Takeshi asked and looked kinda depressed for a short moment.

Tsuna nodded. There really was some homework but after Reborn's tutor- more like torturing considering that the former arcobaleno made him solve university level questions, the homework given to him was easy for him. Well somehow Tsuna was really glad to get Reborn as his tutor. Otherwise he would have never found his precious family. Scratch that, it was thanks to Reborn that he was able to do the tasks Nezu-sensei gave him.

'Hey, Tsuna. Will you let me copy it?' Takeshi pleaded and looked at Tsuna
with puppy eyes. The brunette laughed and answered 'Sure. No problem.'

At this moment both boys realized that it was quiet... too quiet. Both boys turned around to Hayato who was shaking with his fists clenched and looking to the ground.

'Haya-?' Suddenly the silverette looked up and looked with teary puppy eyes at Tsuna. 'Jyuudaime! You could have just asked me about the homework! I would have been more than glad to help you.' Hayato yelled bowing down to his boss.

'Ahh, yeah sure. Sorry, Hayato. I'll do that the next time.' Tsuna said sweatdropping. Hayato smiled happily and Tsuna felt even more guilty for lying.
He began already apologizing inside his mind.

'We should hurry to school now... actually we just have 10 minutes left till school starts.' Takeshi announced and all the boys started running in panic towards Nami-Middle to escape a certain Skylark and his tonfas.

10 minutes later
The boys had run all the way to school and now were due to the sprint just on time. The three sighed relieved. At this moment that they thought they had made it the bell rang. Tsuna sighed loudly again. Somehow his hyper intuition told him that he should expect the worst ...

Suddenly Tsuna felt a strong presence behind him and a dangerous voice startled the boys. 'Hnn. You're late, Omnivore-Tsuna!'

'Kyoya...' Tsuna greeted while turning around. 'Ohayo gozaimasu.' Tsuna looked up to the black haired male with the disciplinary committee emblem on his left arm.

Sensing a tonfa coming towards him, Tsuna dodged and grabbed the second tonfa with his bare hand. Suddenly Tsuna's sight blurred and he began to stagger slightly. 'Ahh .. I should definitely sleep more ...' Tsuna thought and regained his posture. He hoped that his friends didn't notice because he just stumbled for a mere second, but Kyoya sent a strange look towards the brunette. Of course, Kyoya would notice ...

'Hn... rest more, Omnivore-Tsuna!' Kyoya said and freed his tonfa out of Tsuna's hand. 'Disciplinary room. Lunch.' Kyoya mumbled before turning around and walking away quickly.

Tsuna was shocked and stood there his eyes following the retreating guardian. 'Did his Cloud really just propose that he could take a nap in the club room? ' Tsuna gaped in his mind. 'Did he really look that bad that even Kyoya made such a suggestion?' Tsuna's mask crumbled and he sighed tiredly. If he just could sleep ...

Suddenly two hands were laid on Tsuna's shoulder. 'Lucky ~ we got away without any trouble.' Takeshi said and Hayato nodded.
'We should get inside now.' Hayato agreed and the boys entered the school grounds. After some steps Hayato leaned in to Tsuna and whispered 'And Jyuudaime ... please take the offer.'
Tsuna nodded not replying anything and after going up the stairs they arrived at the classroom.

Takeshi opened the door and the three boys entered causing all the other classmates to look at them and a certain idiotic teacher to glare at  them.
'Sawada, Gokudera, Yamamoto! You're late.' Nezu-sensei sneered.

'Oh really. Totally didn't notice that ...' Tsuna mumbled sarcastically and covered his mouth with his hands as soon as he realized what he just said. Takeshi and Hayato beside him started giggling and the small group earned some are-they-sane?- glances.

'I really should sleep. ..' Tsuna thought and the three sat down at their seats listening to an annoying teacher talking about equations.

Tbc
Thanks for reading the second chapter. I hope you enjoy this story. If you've got questions just comment.

A really big thanks to ichigodokidoki
for being the first to comment and giving me motivation.

~Raiu-chan