:*・°☆ thirty nine :*・°☆

so months passed. although kai had to quit one of her jobs to take care of haru, the income was enough to pull the both of them through. what's-her-name woke up from the coma and took care of the child at home as she recovered.

kai spoke with yoongi every night since he spent most of his time studying for the big test at his university. they spoke generally for four hoursーabout memes, her son, his friends, and life.

sometimes they both became very stressed due to their responsibilities and overall, the overwhelming sense of their future. so they'd listen when the other would rant and they'd comfort each other if they'd cry, which happened more and more.

as jackson wang was slowly being released from prison, kai often called yoongi in the middle of the night and yoongi often called kai while she was at work.

jimin was doing great in busan as he'd send both kai and his friends snapchats of nearly everything that he'd do. it was honestly getting so annoying.

haru grew rapidly during the months, which soon turned into a year. kai didn't, obviously. she was still only 153 cm tall.

then the time for the final exam for yoongi came.

it marked a little more than a year since they [he and the boys] had come to japan. it was what yoongi had been freaking out over for nearly three years.

late one night, specifically, the night before the exam, min yoongi called kai in the middle of the night instead. it was the first time he had done it in three months so she was astounded.

4:37 am.

MEMEBOY IS CALLING. . .

haru woke up kai. the phone was ringing. he stayed up watching spongebob, waiting for his mom to get off the phone.

kai: yoongi?

yoongi: [shaky breathing] k-kai...

kai: dude, are you okay?

yoongi: i-i-i...[soft crying]

kai: yoongi, do you want to tell me what's wrong or do you want me to sing you a song?

yoongi: [crying continues] j-just...talk to me. sing to me. i-i just want to hear you talk.

kai: okay. okay. but take a deep breath, okay?

yoongi: [inhaling and exhaling]

kai: there you go, yoongi. there you go! see? you're doing great. keep doing that.

haru: [slightly muffled] mama, why is squidward so mean?

yoongi: [breath hitches in throat] i-is that haru?

kai: yeah! he woke me up. wanna talk to him?

haru: daddy yoongi!

kai: please stop, haru. you make it sound like daddy yankee. he's ugly.

haru: [giggling] okay, mama.

yoongi: hey haru.