chapter 14

Lucas' P.O.V

I finally built up the courage to ask Maya on a date and that date was today.I texted her to see if she was ready.
L:hey short stack or u ready for our date.
M:no I'm still doing my hair I'll be ready in like 10 mins.
L:well I'm walking to ur house to pick u up so by the time I get thr u will probably be ready.
M:OK then u can start walking.and whr r we going anyways.
L:I figured we could have a walk in the park and go get some ice cream.
M:yay that sounds fun ,see ya then.
L:OK I'm on my way bye.
M:bye.

--- 10 minutes later ---

I finally get to Mayas apartment.I knock on the door and wait for an answer.She opens the door and right in front of me I see Maya standing there and can I say she looks gorgeous.
"Maya you look gorgeous "I say and I see her blushing.
"Don't be silly ranger rick I'm only wearing a regular t shirt with ripped jeans "she says.
"Yea but you still look amazing"I say as she locks her front door.

We decided to walk to an ice cream shop first to get ice cream.I order a double choclate fudge ice cream with whip cream on top and Maya orders a vanilla ice cream cone with sprinkles and a cherry on top.

We are side by side walking in the park while eating ice cream.
"I'm kind of getting tired " Maya says.
"You want a piggy back ride?"I ask her.
"Um I don't think that's a good idea I'm heavy I don't want to hurt you."she says to me.
"Oh come on Maya you can't be heavy you are so tiny and plus I have muscles".I say as I flex my arm showing her my muscles.
"OK fine"she says with a big smile on her face.
I bend down and she hops on my back.I was right she wasn't heavy.We we're walking and I feel ice cream hit my cheek.
"What was that for?" I ask Maya.
"Oh sorry Sundance I accidently hit you with my ice cream"she says while laughing a little.
I take her off of my back and I set her down.I look at her and take a little but of my ice cream and put it on her nose.I start to laugh until she grabs my sleeve from my shirt and she wipes her ice cream off.I decide to wipe my ice cream off and I get some of it off.
"Did I get all of it?" I ask her.
"No let me help you."she says as she points it out for me.
"Now did I get all of it?" I ask again.
"No "she says "you know what let me get it for you"

She gets on her tippy toes and she kisses the spot where the ice cream was on my cheek.I felt her nice cold lips touch my cheek and I couldn't help but smile.
"Why did you do that?" I ask her "you could have just taken it off with your finger"
"Well maybe I really wanted to do that"she says with a smile spread across her face.
I smile "well it's getting a little late maybe I should start walking you back to you apartment.
"Yea we should"she says.

We are walking and talking about stuff.Then we finally arrive at her house.
"Did you like the date Maya?"I ask her.
"No"she says.I start to frown I though should would have liked it,but then a smile spread a across my face "I loved it "she said
"Well great I hope we can do this again some time."I say."bye Maya."
"Bye ranger Roy"she says to me as she enters her apartment and shuts the door right behind her.

I start to walk away when I realize that I forgot something. I knock on the door and she answers right away.
"Hey huckleberry what are you doing-" she then gets cut off by me.I pressed my lips against hers and we kissed.We separate and we look into each others eyes.
"What was that for huckleberry?"she asked.
"It felt like the right thing to do because I really like you,and plus I was meaning to asked you something."I say "will you Maya Hart be my girlfriend?"
"Yes"she says with a huge smile.Then she gives me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek."Ill see you tomorrow ranger rick "she whispers in my ear.Then she walks into her house and closes the door.

I leave and while I am walking home all I can think about is Maya and our date.This was the greatest and best date ever.This was one of the moments that I knew I would never forget.