chapter 16

Mayas P.O.V

It has been about a week since I saw Lucas kissing missy.Ever since then I have been heart broken because I really liked him and I thought he liked me too.
At school it has been pretty awkward. I didn't talk to him but Riley and farkle did and I hung out with them so it was awkward. He has tried to apologize but I would always tell him that I didn't want hear it.
Lucas just texted me right now.
L:hey maya.
M:sorry huckleberry can't talk right now gtg.
L:bye Maya😔

After that I left to Riley's house because I needed to talk to her.I grabbed my jacket and phone and then I left my apartment.About five minutes later I finnaly arrived to Riley's apartment and we went to the bay window.
"Whats wrong peaches?"Riley asked me.
"Is it normal to feel heartbroken right now"I asked.
"Yes it is,you really liked Lucas and he really hurt you so it's normal for you to feel however you feel."she said.
"Thanks riles but how will I know when to forgive him?"I asked her
"Well you will know when to forgive him when the right time comes" she told me.
"Thanks riles you give the best advice "I tell her as I hug her."I'll talk to you later"I say as I climb out the bay window.

Lucas' P.O.V

I just finished texting Maya and I needed her back in my life.I was really sad and heartbroken.I decided to write her a letter about how I feel.When I was done I walked to her apartment and knocked on her door.Nobody answered.She was probably at rileys house so I set the note on the rug that is in front of her door.Then I left and I hoped that she would forgive me.

Mayas P.O.V

I walked back to my apartment after I left Riley's house. When I got to my apartment on the rug was a letter.I read the front of it and it said to the most beautiful girl who ever walked this planet. It was from Lucas.I opened my door and walked inside.I flopped on the couch and began to read the letter.

Dear Maya Penelope Hart,
I just wanted you to know that I am so sorry for what happened between me and missy.She kissed me and I tried pulling away but it was to late because you saw.When you saw us I looked at you and saw the sadness in your eyes.I didn't want you feeling hurt.I would do anything to have taken away that pain from you.You deserve way better than me.I messed up and I would do anything to go back and change what happened that day.I hope you can forgive me.If you forgive me I don't expect you to get back together with me, we can just be friends.I would be so happy with either of those options as long as you are in my life .You are always there for me and I just want you in my life because when your not in my life I am so sad and I can't think right,my life is I incomplete without you.Hopefully you read this and forgive me.
Love Lucas 💖

I read it and tears came running down my eyes. I knew this was the moment I needed to forgive him.I decided that tomorrow at school I will tell him.
I went to my room and fell asleep thinking about Lucas being in my life again.I was happy again.

---the next day---

I woke up with a smile on my face. Today was the day I was gonna forgive Lucas.I got ready for school.I put on my clothes and then brushed my teeth then hair. When I was done I grabbed my phone and ran out the door.
I texted Riley.
M:I can't pick u up today.
R:OK I'll just meet u at school.
M:the Riley for understanding bye.
R:no problem bye peaches.

I ran to school.I finally arrived and I began to look for Lucas.Then I saw him at his locker.I ran to him and then I jumped on his back.
"Hey huckleberry I forgive you"I say
"Really?"he asked with a huge smile.
"Yes we can be friends again"I say.
I jump off of his back. When I do he grabs me and pulls me into a hug.
"Men I missed you so much..you don't know how messed up my life was without you"he says.
We hugged until the bell rang.We walked to class side by side.

Lucas' P.O.V

I was at my locker and I felt someone jump on my back.I knew exactly who it was.Maya.
"Hey huckleberry I forgive you."she says.
"Really?"I ask I had a huge smile.I can't believe she forgave me.
"Yes we can be friends again" she says.
She then jumps off of my back. When she does I turn around and pull her in to a big hug.
"Men I missed you so much..you don't know how messed up my life was without you."I say.It was true my life was messed up.
I missed her so much.
We hugged a little longer but then the bell rang.we walked into class side by side.I can't believe we we're friends again.I wish we we're together though because I still like her,but as long as shes in my life I am happy.