chapter 5

"What the hell did you do to me? I mean what do you mean that you bit me!" I shoved him away from me, crawling back bumping on my bed. Hissing in pain, I rolled over to the side and fell off of my bed. My eyes are darting over to the window as if it was my only escape route at the moment. I forced my legs to go and before my fingers could manage to scrape the curtains. The boy had wrapped his hand's around my waist pulling me towards him.

My skin rose in heat, and my heart fluttered once more, I didn't like how easy it was getting for him just to touch me. I didn't feel danger, but he just said he bit me.

"Rose I need you to breathe I never hurt you."

"Liar! Why the hell are you saying you bit me!" My legs were flailing as I tried to make him release me somehow. His grip on me was iron solid as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the side of my neck. Making my body buzz and I softly let out a sigh.

"Rose, you saved me. Get that through your thick head, and I would never hurt you. Ever." His voice wavered slightly before I looked up at the reflection of the window. The light behind us, from the hallway, was enough of a booster to see his reflection and mine.

"Then what did you?" I breathed holding onto his arms, almost as if I was bracing myself to hear the truth. The truth always hurts, that's something my father made sure that got screwed in my head. Lies are a mystical comfort that would help place a bandage on a wound. A wound that wouldn't heal no matter what happened.

There was a moment of silence on his part before he held me closer. Radiating fear that I would slip through his touch, "I marked you as mine."

Silence.

Mine?

"I'm a werewolf Rose, and I marked you as my mate." he finished and again there was silence. The little gears in my head were turning just ever so slightly. Trying to piece in and analyze what he just uttered to me. His grip on me didn't relax, and maybe it didn't help that I couldn't say anything.

"So... instead of calling 911, you bit me and claimed me as yours." My voice was more of a phantom, not knowing if I was willing to believe such idiocy without a second thought of it. Except, remember the silver wolf from the park and the movies. He shifted into an animal right before my eyes. Which was lunacy, to begin with, I could be suffering from schizophrenia, and I wouldn't know it.

"I can't interact with any other human Rose; you were dying right in front of me." His words began to sound more of a stammer than anything else. And at the moment I wasn't so sure if I wanted to believe in what he was saying to me.

" So not only are you a wolf that can turn at will, you morph time around us at will, and you seemed to be unbearably attractive that it's hard to push you away at the moment. I'm supposed to be yelling rape until someone hears me out and sends you off to prison." My rambling began again on its own.

I could feel his body tensing on me, and then the sound of my doorbell was like music to me. It was a miracle sent from heaven in my mind that I didn't even remember that usually when I had guests, i had to buzz them in.

Again my doorbell rang, and I didn't seem to be able to move away from...

"Liam! run!" I cried out when daddy came when he kicked the door open. NO, run!

"Liam," I whispered when all his grip on me loosened but only to turn me around.

"You remember me?" His cheerful voice shook something in me, but before I could even respond the doorbell rang again. Groaning internally I walked away from Liam and aim towards the door, wondering who could be at this hour.

It couldn't be Lucien considering that we were cockblocked by my dear old best friend so that he wouldn't be showing his face anytime soon. Not that I cared about his emotions or anything like that, the man was cheating, and whatever he feels or whatever claim he thinks has for me is irrelevant to me.

My hand had reached the cold doorknob and all of a sudden chills were running down my spine, my breathing rate was picking up and as I looked at the door in front of me. It seemed dark, the aura around it appeared menacing, and I felt a threat on the other side. I swallowed my saliva trying to calm my breathing a bit as I pulled my hand away from the knob. I take a whiff of the air a bit, the scent of wood and spices was seeping from the gap underneath the door. I didn't feel safe, and I wasn't going to open the door now.

"Rose is something-" Liam came out from my room, and he stopped on his track. In a blink of an eye, his body shifted and snapped and a silver wolf was literally by my side his lips curling showing his canines. Growling so feral and it was terrifying, all of a sudden the door started banging hard making the wood split a bit.

Hide in the room Rose now, Liam orders inside of my mind and I didn't give it a second thought. My feet were already sprinting towards my room when the door was busted open, as soon as I was close to the door.

"Here's Johnny." I hear a husked voice, I hear growling, and in a blink of an eye, i saw Liam's wolf form leap through the living room. Just as a heavily tattooed man pulled out what seemed to be a Glock. Liam bit down on his hand sending the man into a rabid rant of curse words.

"You filthy mutt blood!" The tattooed man cursed, and he started swinging his hand towards the wall slamming Liam on the wall repeatedly. My heart tightened and my legs untensed taking wide strands towards the man that started grabbing hold of Liam's fur and yanked hard.

Jesus takes the wheel. I prayed when I snuck in front of the tattooed man and made a straight shot kick towards his crotch. Hitting the mark with a bull's eye the man's eyes almost jumped out of his socket when he moved his hands to cup his hurt manhood.

"You bitch." He groaned and tumbled to the floor. I see his tattoos glow slightly, but I hear Liam trying to call out my name.

Rose, we got to go. His voice was crystal clear in my mind, and I didn't have a chance to freeze right now. I reached over to grab my purse and jumped over the crumpled intruder and took off down the hall. Liam right at my feet in his silver wolf form. We were running down the stairs and in that brief moment I had no intention of questioning him. I just had to get away from that insane RedRum guy upstairs. We make it outside on the sidewalk, and for a second I don't know where to go.

Rose follow me. I look down at Liam, and he started trotting towards the park in front of us. I just follow his lead without a second thought and feel my heart fluttering the more I walked away from my apartment.