chapter 4

I feel like my body fell down all of a sudden from the sky, and landed on my bed. My eyes fly open as my hands instantly grab a fistful of my bed sheets. The last thing remembering the silver wolf... and that mysterious guy. My brain starts pounding and I reached up to try and cup it. Damn how on earth did i get this?

"Finally you're awake." His honey coated words made the damn pain go away and that just frustrated the hell out of me. My eyes looked up and locked with his in an instant before i reached behind me and flung the damn thing to him. Aiming for his head, but just as soon as he was there all of a sudden he wasn't . I scrambled away until my head hits the wall, quickly i rub the back of my head as my eyes dart over to my closet. 

I have my emergency fleeing bag in there, where I had a different identity with passport and clothes and some money. It was meant for my protection from my father or anyone he would send after me. Not that he was in a gang or anything that i could remember. But in prison there's so much things that you could still do.

Forcing my legs to start moving i crawl over to the edge of my bed. And placed my feet flat on the wooden floor, shivering slightly when i felt the cool temperature. Finally getting on my feet I feel his hand wrap around my waist and pulled me back down to the bed. 

I squealed when my body fell to the bed and I could feel his body pressed against mine. My heart fluttered and I could feel my body heating up and buzzing for him. I squeezed my eyes shit as my will tried to move from him.

"Rose, stop. I'm not going to harm you." His honey filled tenor voice soothed my nerves against my will!

"Then why the hell are you on top of me!" I wheezed back, of course i didn't have the heart to snap at him. "You turned into a wolf! Right in front of me! No one can see you! And somehow time stopped around you! I mean there's a lot of reasons why I should be freaking out right now!" I forced my tone to be scared. Because any rational human being would be terrified that a wolf is talking to her out of nowhere. I mean my body should be shaking but it wasn't. I couldn't have felt more calm in my entire life right now.

"Rose... I know that I'm scary right now, but i think your instinct knows you're not in danger with me." His silver eyes gazed into mine and at first I didn't want to breathe. I didn't want to smell his scent that just made my body weak.

"Then please explain... because honestly I feel like I'm going insane." Which I knew that one day it was going to happen but i didn't think it would be this soon.

"My name is Liam and as you've seen I turn into a wolf." He soothed to me and let go of his grip on me. Pulling away from being over my body and a part of me hated the distance. I just lay there in the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Wow tell me something I don't know yet." I murmured a bit irritated but not being able to fully express it to him.

"Okay well I'm not just an ordinary wolf, I'm really something of a myth." He starts explaining and for a minute it's as if i was listening to some book or something. I sit up from my bed and just immediately grab his hand and got off the bed. 

"Don't talk just yet, I'm going to need some special juice if I'm actually going to start believing in what you're going to say." I say to him softly before we get out of the room. That was mostly one of the reasons why I wanted him out of the room. But it also had to do with the fact that just being near him in my bed was giving me.... well another type of urge. That I really did not want to satisfy with a well a man I know nothing of.

He wasn't tensed at all from my touch which to some rate comforted me, it's seems like this being was indeed too open towards me. I let go of his hand as soon as we were in my living room and reached over to my kitchen cabinets taking out a bottle of red wine. Yes, I am underage but there's perks in having an affair with an older married man. 

I served myself a nice full glass of wine, when i glanced up to see his silver eyes. It was kind of nice to see a more gentle nature. My breath was caught in my throat when tears started to brim a bit.... it's been since never when i last have been seen with those eyes.

Not my father.

Not even Lucius.

"Are you more or less anxious now Rose?" He whispers to me walking towards me once more. I placed my hand out in time to touch his open shirt.... damn his firm.

"Look first I'd like to know how do you know my name? I don't remember even telling you my name. We haven't even met before..." I say to him before I gulped down half of the wine feeling the nice warm medicine down my throat.

"We have met." He interrupts my next gulp of wine before his hand traced down my cheek, then down my neck, then he pulled at the collar of my shirt. Finding the carved up scar that's right above my breast.

"I was the reason you got this." He said more to himself than to me. His eyes glazing up as he traveled back in his mind. My hands felt a bit shaky as I placed the glass on the counter. Feeling myself a bit out of breath.

"I was five years old when i got this... my dad he didn't want me to keep this little puppy i found." The memory was a bit hazy but that memory was a bit warm. I had just came back from school when the teacher told me that my father needed to come to some parent conference. Father never went to those things, the last time he stepped foot in the school he got in a fight with one of the parents.

Because of that making friends was impossible, so i was walking home alone. Feeling lonely once again when it started to rain. I ran towards the park hiding in one of the slides to wait for the rain to pass, when i heard a whimper beneath me. My little body was easy to move when i peaked down and saw a trembling little white dog. It had red strains, looked hurt, and was wet... when i stepped out of the swing. I was instantly wet but my i looked at the puppy as I took off my jacket and placed it over it. Trying to save it... save me through him.

"So you're telling me that was you?" I mouthed unable to create more of a voice or anything. His silver gaze snapped out of his memory haze and just nodded his head.

"That day i was being hunted and for the life of me I don't know how i survived the raid. I was only a pup that was still trying to learn it's body. Then I met you, when I thought I wasn't going to make it. You came and saved me." He whispered softly to me before he reached up and cupped my cheek.

"Took me home and nurtured me even when you were risking your own life." His tone was a bit more angrier as his eyes flared. But i knew they weren't directed at me. 

"A father that beat you and failed to be your guardian... I regretted to have never been useful back then. You took a savage beating for me and the worst I got was to be thrown into a river." He growled pulling away when I saw his muscle spasm a bit. Then all of a sudden a tail and ears popped out of him. Hmm never thought i'd see that in my life.

"It took me forever to find you again. Years and even then I couldn't save you from that beating. He was going to kill you... I should've killed him but I was more worried about you." He whispered through his clenched teeth.

All of a sudden it came to me, that night I remember my name being called out. He was calling me out? Then before I faded to black I did see something white. But i thought that was just the light....

He was there?

"You were going to die Rose... you were going to die and I couldn't lose you like that. I just couldn't." His voice cracked and all of a sudden i was confused. He turned back around to try and look at me but he just couldn't look at my eyes.

"I loved you Rose, back then when we were young even to right now. I have never stopped loving you." He explained but i was still a bit un-edged.

"What did you do Liam?" I say to him.

His ears pointed down and his tail was tucked between his legs, he felt bad about something he just let out a sigh before he looked back at me.

"I bit you Rose... I bit you and now you're mine."