Prologue

Thunder roared as lightning cracked across the sky. Rain pouring down hard against my body that was sprawled against the rough concrete road. My breathing was shallow and painful as I felt my broken ribs aching. My throat is raw by the unheard screams our neighbors have chosen to ignore. My vision has began to haze while my limbs throb and protest as I try to crawl ahead.

Pain resonates through my entire being, my situation is hopeless. Scenarios run wildly in my mind thinking that someone's heart would take sympathy towards me. Maybe father wakes up from his insane rampage. Perhaps God could hear my prayers and come to my aid.

But hope is dead. I am not going to live.

"You want to leave? You want to leave me!" His growls made my body paralyze with fear. My tears mixing with the rain's wet trails down my face. His hands slipped easily through my drenched hair as he pulled me up. My body was a simple puppet and he was pulling the strings of my life.

Forcing me to see his blazing eyes hazed with booze and insanity.

"You're just like her. Leaving me because I'm no use to you. I'm a piece of shit. Isn't that right bitch!" His booze breath hit my face. I wanted to will myself to shake my head. Plead to him one more time, he must listen to reason. I am his daughter after all.

"Father." I breathed my tears continuing to fall. But I saw no sign of light in his eyes as his hands released me. Making me fall onto the concrete road once more. His hands... they reached for my neck as his fingers wrapped themselves around me. Panic made my eyes wide as the last ounce of adrenaline was used to reach up and grab his hands.

"You want to leave, then I'll send you to a happier place." His face forced a crazed smile as his grip suddenly tighten around my neck. My labored breathing became to a halt as my lungs felt the effects of no oxygen. My legs thrashed ignoring the shooting shots of pain from my sides. I don't want to die.

My eyes searched the heavens above as another lightning flashed across the sky. My mind seeped into the light feeling while mother's blue eyes displayed before me.

Rose...

My eyelids grew unbearably heavy making me shut my eyes. The image of mother tracing my palm played for me. I was a mere child again, happy to be with my mother.

Rose don't stop breathing...

A last whisper I heard while I saw my mother kissing my forehead.

But I want to sleep.