Fifteen : Maraca

The vibration of someone cellphone cut through the battle that was about to occur. Each person put down their shields and spears hesitantly waiting to hear if their allies had concurred the front lines. Our team was pinning for Danny to corrupt Nancy's laptop and interrupt the nuclear bomb she was about to unleash. Nancy, on the other hand was just hopeful that she had surpassed her mentor.

In a matter of moments we'd know. Our lives dependent on the results and actions over the next couple seconds. Time never mattered before. The only thing I was concerned prior to this was handing in my assignments and waiting for the final bell to ring.

All of us were holding our breath until someone spoke, "I'm so dead," Jordan groaned as she pulled out her cellphone.

Stella and I shared a terrified glance. Her eyes were wide, brows knit and mouth slightly ajar. My expression, no doubt, mimicked hers to a T.

"My parents just texted. I'm grounded for breaking curfew." Jordan's arm extended to the coffee table as she slammed down her phone. Leaning back quickly she sloughed against Holly, angered at her new predicament.

Only if she knew what else was at stake.

"Your curfew is 10:00?" Zack snickered, receiving a swift kick from Jordan. I was so sick of her feet by this point.

Stella shrugged her shoulders as she slid out her phone. She opened it to the main screen seeing no new messages or notifications. The time read 10:01. I debated which reasoning was more probable, the fact that Nancy's countdown was off or that Danny actually did it.

Nancy, realizing the time had panic across her face. She was calculating the same probability we were.

"I guess the real winner is still to be determined," Stella smirked that outrageous expression. Maybe Zack and Stella are actually related? They both shared the same sick sense of humor that both would deny the similarities until they were blue in the face.

"I guess so."

Jordan's hands clawed their way into my arm and Sandra's as she crawled out of the cushions she just threw herself into. "Can everyone cut the cryptic bullshit and tell me what the heck is going on?" She shouted in typical fashion.

"Yeah that would be nice," Sandra chimed in after being quiet. With thirteen of us here it was either complete anarchy or silence and no in-between. Several small conversations and the occasional whisper were always happening.

I had a feeling anarchy would be unleased soon.

Stella laughed, "Yeah Nancy. Would you like to tell them how your plan didn't work?".

"We don't know that just yet." She raised her finger to pause Stella's words. By the worried look still across her face she hoping she was right... praying she right.