Rebel

***unedited***

Hours after the dismissal of the meeting, I made my way to the next location. During that free time I had tried everything to get information on the potential candidates for Hokage, but those I same across didn't meet the qualifications. Someone easily controlled, corrupted, popular with the people were all qualities these candidates had to at least meet.

The old hags must've actually done something for once and covered it up decently. Not like it mattered, I would get that information eventually and this time I would use every resource I have to make sure I don't make the same mistake again.

"You're here." within the protection of the shadows one seemed to make a statement. I huffed. There is no way I would miss something like a rebellion within the anbu. Just the thought of Danizo realizing his own people betrayed him was worthwhile.

"Tell me your plan" as to how they managed to speak about the anbu without danizo knowing was interesting. Of course it is possible, just that it would take massive guts and precise timing. Two things the anbu were more than capable of doing. Still, I didn't have to worry about it since Danizo thought he had finally chained me down with Tsunade's death...

"We know you won't put your all in this operation", How blunt.

"because we know you don't put yourself so low as to put your future at risk for something so petty" I didn't respond. Attacking them for calling her death petty was something I put behind myself. No, I put that behind me, I need to focus on the present.

"We've teamed up already with another ninja not in the anbu. He has though a reputation in the anbu." They must've planned this weeks- no months ago.

"Who is it?" I need to find out and make sure they wouldn't break under the pressure and betray us.

"We can trust them." As if that would reassure me.

"All we need from you is communicate our needs to him once we manage to put him as Hokage. Chances are most of us", Their hand moved slightly to introduce those hiding around us.

"won't make it, but we know you will. You are too important for Danizo and will most likely to the last person he truly trusts once we turn on him. Even if he doesn't, you have the skills to survive, probably."

"Now if you agree, although given limited information now, we will be helping you out the most. At the time of Danizo's fall you will be informed of everything you need to know. From there once his fall is complete, you will be informed of the future hokage and any information we can give you before we too fall."

Danzo. What a vile creature you are to force these people to risk everything to bring you down, even if it meant they go down too.

What followed was a calculating silence. They were watching me, deciphering any slight movement that would open up my phycology.

"I agree." With a slight bow the leaders face changed into a satisfied expression before changing back to a expressionless one. They placed their mask on leaving into the darkness, the others following suit. With that I placed my own fox mask on and welcoming the darkness. The leader had showed me their face with a sign of respected and I returned it, for now these people could be trusted.
_

"Do you all have the information?" Danizo's voice boomed into the room. Heads nodded as Daizo turned his back from us. Silenlty each anbu placed their own file of information onto Dazio's outstretched hand.

"Daizo. I was unable to obtain the information." Despite the other anbu knowing who was a true candinate for hokage, they hadn't given the information to me. A handful of days shouldve been enough time to at least get some names, yet I was told by the anbu rebellion to stay at bay.

Dazio reacted as expected, ordering the others to attack. All while my fox took off and searched for important documents we could use to bring him down. Simply killing him wouldn't be enough, if we wanted to keep the hags at bay, they needed a payment. The old idiots did anything as long as it was in their favor.

I clenched my fists at the attack. It was nothing serious only physical attacks to keep my from being seriously injured. Soon they froze, Danizo ordered them back and I rose up to my feet.

"Bring it next time"

"Yes" I bit the inside of my mouth to keep any signs of pain at bay. I wasnt about to give him the satisfaction of watching me in pain.

Naruto. I've got it.

Perfect.

____

I slumped onto my bed, groaning in discomfort at my weapons stabbing into me. Quickly I pulled my weapons off one by one before discarding any clothing on me except my boxers.

The darkness slowly consumed me. Finally i would get some slee--

'KNOCK-KNOCK'

A muffled voice squeaked beyond my door. It took everything i had in me to ignore it and drift off to sleep. But of course a miracle occured and i found myself deactivicating the protecting jitsu around my apartment.

"Who is it?" My eyes squinted at the bright light as i opened the door. What time was it? Theres no way id know. My apartment kept any light from coming in. Plus after a meeting with the rebellion, i had to take care of other paperwork. I could've sworn when i left the meeting it was still dar-

"NARUTO YO-YOU'RE N-NOT WEARING--!!!" In front of me stood a flustering Hinata. Her hands covering her bright pink face from the view. Uh-right.

I wasn't wearing clothes.

"Nice boxers." From the coner of my eye I saw the persistant idiot-Kakashi winking. A smirk was clearly on his face while he kept looking.

I looked down at my article of clothing. Ramen boxers. Theyre not even in my size. I had somhow found them, they were years old- how they still fit or the fact they werent already in shreads was beyond me.

I let out a low disatisfied groan. Did i shriek and run away in embarrasment though? No, instead I crossed my arms and leaned aganist the doir frame.

"I'm sorry for the discomfort, but can you tell me what it is so I can get back to bed?"

"Bed? It's already late" kakashi mummbled to himself.

"Uh-actually we wanted to invite you to a gathering. You haven't even reunited with everyone. And wit-with the Hokage's death we thought yo-you'd like to um come...?" Hinata finished.

How much time had passed since she- Tsunade died?

Did I even want to see everyone- and if the anbu came with updates I wouldn't be here.

Still. It had been too long since I had human contact. I may make stupid decisions at time but even i knew what it took to break me.

I glanced foward. Hinata looked at me with eyes overflowing with adoration. Yet, all it did was make me cringe.

"Yip yip" Unknowingly the fox had been by my feet, rubbing its snount on me.

Naruto. I know you think all you need now is space and concentration, but you need to relax. You gain nothing from losing youself.

Sometimes you are so annoying.

Kurama huffed.

"Okay." I replied.

-------
A/N

OKAY. SO I KNOW IVE BEEN SLACKING BUT ONLY BECAUSE IM EXHAUSTED. I HAD THE SCHOOL YEAR ENDING, PROBLEMS AT SCHOOL, AND FAMILY ISSUES THAT JUST KEPT ME FROM WRITING. I KNOW THEYRE JUST EXCUSES BUT I REALLY AM SORRY.

I HONESTLY DONT KNOW IF ILL EVEN KEEP WRITING. I HAVE CLASSES IN THE SUMMER AND ONLINE SCHOOL FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF JUNE SO... JUST BE WARNED. ILL KEEP UPDATING WHEN I CAN BUT DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP HIGH.