Chapter 7: Arnav

Khushi came running into the room, locking the door behind her before retracing his steps as she paced.

"What the–? What was NK doing here? And these flowers? Did he ..."

She ignored him, continuing to pace across the room, the bouquet of red roses clutched to her chest. He wanted to rip them out of her hands and destroy them, still seething at NK's presumption in coming to Khushi's doorstep at midnight.

NK's infatuation needs to be dealt with. Tonight.

Khushi paced, her features twisted in distress, and his jealous rage slowly calmed as he took her in. She froze when he stood in front of her, blocking her path.

"Khushi? What's happened to you? Are you alright?"

"Arnav-ji, I think you should leave."

What?

"Khushi, what's wrong?" Arnav gathered her up, holding her tightly and trying to understand what had changed in the scant minutes she'd spent away from him.

"I'm tired of hiding from everyone," Khushi began, her words muffled against his chest, "I want to tell them all about us. We're not criminals, we're not doing anything wrong, so why are we acting like we are?"

Her body shook as she let out a sob.

Oh baby ...

"Khushi, sshhhhh, it's okay," he stroked her hair, "We'll work it out. If you want to tell everyone, we can, I promise."